Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Melissa's P.O.V

Ring

Ring

Ring

I groan as I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and get off my bed to get ready for school. I take a 5 minute shower then put on my black skinny jeans with a red crop top that shows my belly button ring. Did I ever mention I got my belly pierced? no. well, yeah I got it pierced when I turned 16.

Over my shirt I put on a leather jacket. I went to my vanity curled my hair in waves and starting putting on make-up, but just the basics like mascara, eye-liner and blood red lip stick. I slipped on my combat boots and before leaving my room I grabbed my bag and phone. I went down the stairs to the kitchen to get breakfast before going to school.

"Morning!" I said startling Maria while she was cooking. She turned around wide eyed with her hand on her chest breathing heavily.

"OH MY LISSA! you scared me back there. You look beautiful!" She said and she set a plate of food in front of me. I started digging in immediately. When I finished I looked up to see an amused Maria then told her a thanks then headed to my car. I get in then start driving to school.

Once I'm at the front people start looking towards my car in curiosity and in awe. They are probably wondering whose car this belonged to since they haven't seen it before. I find a parking space and grab my backpack from the passenger seat then breathe in a breath. Here goes nothing. I step out slowly and put one leg on the ground then the other and continue to get out. Once I'm out I close the door then lock the doors with my keys while I walk to the front of the school with my head held high and ignoring all the whispers and looks people are giving some with jealousy and some with.. lust?

I enter the school then start looking for the office, it didn't take long as I expected. I went in then went up to the secretary who was busy looking through paper. I coughed and that seemed to catch her attention. She smiled warmly at me and I smiled back. She was a pretty woman. She had shoulder length brown hair with deep chocolate brown eyes.

"Hi! What do you need help with?" She asked.

"Hey. I'm new here and I would like my schedule. My name is Melissa Lopez." She nodded then looked behind her to a stack of files then searched through them and then took out two pieces of paper.

"Ok. Here, I found them. One is your schedule and the other is your locker number." She told me. I mumbled a "thanks" then made my journey to find my locker. 277. I checked my schedule to see what classes I had.

First: Math

Second: History

Third: Chemistry

Fourth: English

Fifth: Phys-Ed

Lunch

Last: Art

Satisfied with my schedule I continue walking around looking for my locker when I bump into someone. We both fall and her papers scatter on the floor. Great! just great! its my first day here and I already make a fool out of myself by bumping into someone. I help pick up her papers and when we're done I get up and hold out a hand for her to take. She takes it then I help lift her up. She was a petite girl with long wavy blonde hair and green eyes with specks of blue and grey in them.

"Hey, I'm Melissa. I'm sorry for bumping into you I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going. I just can't find my locker, do you mind helping me?" I told the girl. I smiled a warm smile at her.