Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Melissa's P.O.V.

It's been a week and I've been vomiting every morning. Adrian has been bugging me to go to the doctors, but I've kept on insisting it was just a stomach bug.

"We don't get sick easily. Us werewolves have a strong digestive system." He'd tell me.

Today he's had enough of my excuses for not going to the doctors. I didn't feel like going to be checked up just to be told I have a stomach bug.

"Mel. Stop being stubborn and get dressed. We are going to the pack doctor to be checked up." He said coming into the room. I huffed and got up. "I can't stand seeing you barfing everything out and seeing you cry. Baby, just do this for me." He sighed.

I nodded and went to get ready. I put on a pair of grey sweatpants, a white v-neck and I put my hair up in a messy bun. I put on my black toms and grabbed my phone from its charger and went up behind Adrian.

He turned around and faced me. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said.

He took hold of my hand and intertwined our fingers and we walked together out of the house and into his car.

We drove to the pack doctor in silence and I was just looking at the trees passing by. The car stopped and I turned my head to Adrian. In front of us was some sort of building which I'm guessing is the pack hospital. We walk hand in hand to the receptionist and she looks up and smiles at us.

"Hello, alpha and Luna. Go right in Dr. Base is waiting for you two." She says.

"Okay. Thank you." Adrian says politely.

We both walk into a room and he tells me to sit on the bed while he sits on a nearby chair. The door opens and Dr. Base walks in holding a clipboard.

"Alpha, Luna." He bows in respect.

"Nick, enough with the formalities. It's Adrian and Melissa." Adrian said chuckling.

"Alright. What seems to be the problem?" Nick asked.

"I've been vomiting all week. I told Adrian that it's just a stomach bug and not to worry, but being the overprotective alpha he is dragged me here." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. So let me check on you." He said.

He started doing some tests and told me to pee in a cup sort of thing and then when he was done he left the room and told us to wait. I was sweating with nerves and Adrian squeezed my hand tighter.

After waiting for long minutes he came back with a glum look.

"I'm sorry to say that... You've been diagnosed with.. Cancer." He says sadly. Tears start to prick my eyes and Adrian held me tight with tears also in his eyes.

Then, Nick starts laughing and now I'm confused. Why is he laughing?

"Ahaha- God. I'm kidding. Your fine." He finally gets his laughing in check.

"So, she doesn't have cancer?" Adrian asks.

"No, buut..."

"But?" I ask.

"CONGRATS! Your pregnant!" He yells.

Pregnant? I'm pregnant? I look towards Adrian seeing him starring back at me with tears in his eyes and his grin so wide.

"I'm going to be a dad? Oh, my. I'm so happy." He exclaims happily. I grin so wide.

"Congrats, Luna." Nick says again.