Ch.18 A Break, For the First Time in Forever

~~*~~

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I scream at the top of my lungs.

“KAIIIIII!!!!! IIII HAAATTTEEE YOOOUUUU!!! I’LL KILL YOU!!!” I scream as soon I take in a breath.

“Jade! Jessica’s watching!” Kai yells back up to me smirking.

“OH. I MEAN THIS IS LIKE THE BEST THING I’VE EVER DONE IN MY WHOLE LIFE. I MEAN LIKE WHY HAVEN’T I DONE THIS EARLIER? IT’S GREAT!” I ramble half-screaming so that Jessica would be able to hear me.

I go up and down because of the bungee rope and it was starting to be annoying.

“So how was it?” Kai asks to me grinning as I dangle in the air like a fish.

I still have my hands covering my face from before (It’s a safety thing), so I slowly peel my hands off my face.

I glare at him because he can’t stop laughing. 

“You know I was the one laughing when you jumped?” I ask evilly sticking out my tongue.

He immediately stops laughing and grimace at the memory of jumping off the bridge.

I’m about to tease him, but the safety guard next to him speaks up,

“We’re going to have to get you off the cord and send it up for the next person.”

I immediately shut up and follow what the person tells me to do to get off the cord. After he helps unclasp me from the cord, he speaks into his walkie-talkie as he gently lets it go up until it’s out of our reach.

“Is Jessica really jumping?” Kai asks in disbelief.

“I doubt it,” I reply in worry.

“Someone’s jumping,” The guide interrupts our conversation.

That very sentence causes Kai and me to start babbling in worry.

“Would you guys mind if we move you to that rock over there?” The guide asks timidly.

We look at him and tell him no in unison.

“Its safer for you guys and the jumper,” He says with more force.

Kai and I exchange looks and then I motion for the guide to show us how to get to the other rock.

The guide quickly exchanges a conversation with the other person on the walkie-talkie and then points to another guy.

“You guys can follow him, I have to stay here for the next jumper,” He says smiling.

The other guy that he had pointed at waves at us to indicate that he knows what he has to do. We wave back smiling.

The smile slides off our face when we see him come towards us.

“Hi you guys! I’ll be helping you get to that rock over there,” He says breathlessly pointing at the rock he just came from.

I’m too shocked to reply, but apparently Kai isn’t. Sort of.

“You…” Kai stammers pointing at the guy.

“Yes, what about me?” The guy says impatiently.

“You… You… You jumped onto the rocks and you’re here!” Kai sputters in disbelief.

“Uh…” The guy says in confusion.

“What he means to say is that you like moved from that side of the river to this side in a blink of an eye. And on feet,” I say in awe finally finding my voice.