ALTERNATIVE ENDING

Jamie Bay was nervous, to say the least

Her hands shook, her palms were sweaty. She felt her knees weaken with every step she took towards her next destination. A small, but fierce, smile on her face as she passed by many different doctors and nurses.

"Chief Bay?" A voice says behind her, making the brunette turn in a swift motion. She smiles up at one of her nurses, smiling at them. "Are you okay? You look nervous."

All Jamie could do was smile, shaking her head. "Me? Nervous? Never."

The nurse simply laughs, walking away while Jamie continues on down the hallway, fixing her lab coat along the way. She walked into her office, a small laugh falling out of her lips when she notices a small figure in the corner, scribbling all over an unused chart.

"Leeah, darling, what has your father and I told you?" Jamie whispers to her daughter, pulling the chart away from her as her little girl pouts. "You don't go coloring on Mommy's paper work."

"But daddy said I could this time! I promise!" Leeah pleads, going for the paper again, her mother quickly holding it higher so the younger girl couldn't reach it.

"Mommy!" The youngster groans, pouting softly as she sits down on the couch in her mother's office. Jamie chuckles to herself, just as the door badges open and an upset teenager comes storming in.

"Abigail, do not just walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" Jackson Avery snaps at his daughter, following right behind her. "You and your mother are both so freaking stubborn, but we're going to talk about this."

Jamie raises her eyebrows at her husband, crossing her arms while she watches the scene unfold in front of her. "Jackson, what's going on?"

Jackson looks at Jamie, but with the look of fear clearly in his eyes. Not towards her, however. Fear because their oldest daughter is growing up. "Tell her where you were last night, Abigail Avery, or so help me God-"

"God, Dad, you are so annoying!" Abigail screams, sighing as she sits down on her mother's couch, turning away from everyone in the room. Jackson comes over to Jamie, kissing her lightly on the cheek as a quick hello.

Jamie appreciates the kiss, but continues looking at her oldest daughter with concern. "Abigail? What's going on?"

"I slept over at Kyle's house last night, okay? Is it such a crime that I was with my boyfriend?" Abigail groans, pulling out her cell phone and starts texting away. Jamie sighs, looking at Jackson who was clearly pissed off.

Jackson glances over at Leeah, noticing the coloring all over Jamie's paperwork. "Leeah, what have I told you about coloring on Mommy's paperwork? Do you think No automatically means Yes?"

Leeah looks up at her Dad, pouting which causes Jamie to smirk a little bit. A trick out of her book, or course. "Daddy, I wanted to color a picture for you!"