Part Seven

“Yeah, anything going on Justin?”

He looks at me, completely bewildered as I gulp, my Adam's apple bopping in discomfort. I take in a shaky breath. Am I really about to do this? I mean, things could be so much easier if I just forget anything ever happened and don't bother asking him what I'm about to ask him.

But Hell, where would the fun be in that?

I take in another couple of raspy breaths. In, out. In, out. You can do this, Justin.

“Okay, so, basically, you know I've been pretty confused for the past couple of days, right? Ever since that kiss on Sunday, I've just been so bloody irritated because I keep getting these crazy feelings inside of me and I don't know what they are and I've been trying to block them and tell myself I'm being stupid, but, fact of the matter is, they're there. And, they're directed towards you. A guy. My best mate.”

He beams at me, but I don't let him have any input just yet.

“So, that brings me to my question.” Here goes; “Well, as you know, I don't know anything about what I'm doing. I've never liked guys or been gay and fuck, I'm confused as Hell. So, I was wondering,” deep breath, “if you'd,” you can do it, “teach-me-to-be-gay.” The words come out sounding like one. And to be honest, I'm not sure if he even understands them, although I know I sure as Hell wouldn't.

His beaming smile somehow manages to stretch and widen until I'm afraid it's going to control his whole face.

“So, will you?”

The silence suffocates me. I need to know.

But Hell, shouldn't the answer have been obvious?

“Do you even need to ask?”

I'll take that as a yes.