Part Eighteen

All I have been able to think about for the past couple of days has been those eyes. Those eyes staring straight at us. Only problem is I don't know if I was just imagining things, or if there were actually eyes staring back at us.

But for today, I don't want to think about it. At all. Because it's Saturday, and if my assumptions are correct, Saturdays are meant to be carefree. And as much as I doubt that will happen in reality, I'm still going to make it try.

So I open my eyes to sun seeping through the curtains and my bed empty (well, apart from myself, of course). Yes, I had more nightmares last night, but I don't think they were as bad. I can't remember any of them and I'm not completely panicking as I get out of the bed, letting my eyes flicker over to the alarm clock. Ten fifteen. Shit, that's early.

Walking over to Kade's room, I see him sleeping peacefully. My mind is torn between waking him up now or giving him a couple of hours to catch up on the sleep he's no-doubt missed because of me.

Instead of jumping on him to wake him up, I leave the room and have a quick shower before making my way downstairs to make us both some breakfast. What does Kade like again? I briefly toil with the idea of snails, ya know, with the Australian thing and all... Or is that French? I need to learn more about my guy.

Wait, my guy? I guess he is. I mean we're dating, albeit secretly. The thought has my mind shifting back to those eyes. What if we're not so secret anymore? But I need to stop thinking about that, because that's stupid. Of course we're secret, we've been perfectly careful, right? Our dates aren't too close to here and we already live in the same house, not exactly as if that automatically makes us gay.

Yep, I'm over-thinking. And I need to stop. So I make up some eggy bread, remembering how much Kade has always loved it, and put on the coffee. I hate coffee, but then again, Kade always has loved it, and I guess I'm making Kade breakfast and not the other way round.

With the thought, an idea forms in my mind. Something that I guess I've been wishing to do for a while now. But now that it's finally Saturday, and I'm deciding to stop thinking about those eyes and the nightmares, I can put it into action.

I'm gonna take my guy on a date.

"Boo!" I'm already stradling him, my mouth pretty close to his ear as I shout the word, getting the intended reaction as he jumps slightly, but of course can't move from beneath me. I smile at him, keeping my mind free of sadistic thoughts.

When he sees my smile, he smiles too, a smile that has my heart melting and butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. Oh gosh, I definitely, definitely love him.

"Morning sunshine." His greeting is obviously a lot more flattering than my 'boo' had been. And so, to make up for it, I bend down and peck the tip of his nose quickly, then rapidly moving to get off him before he can whip his hand out to pull me back.

"Race you to the kitchen, Kadie!" I sound stupid, but I don't care, because he immediately gets up, clad in his boxers, before chasing me out of the room and down to the kitchen, whilst we both laugh hysterically. And it feels good to be laughing like this, for the first time in the past week or so. It feels so damn good.

And so I do it again. I laugh. I laugh until I'm bent over at the waist, clutching at my stomach, before Kade smashes into me and we both end up laying on the (thankfully clean) kitchen floor. The little rug we have layed out softens the fall ever-so-slightly, and I laugh as Kade towers over me.

I only just get the chance to make out the teasing glimmer in his eyes before his fingers are brushing against my skin in soft movements that make my laughter even more hysterical, up to the point where I can't breathe. He continues tickling me for a while before his hands have suddenly left me and I open my eyes, wondering what he's going to do.