Part Twenty-eight

Honestly, I’m surprised to wake up the next morning, and realise that I haven’t received any harsh messages. That is before I realise that I still don’t have a phone to be messaged on. But thinking back to yesterday, there were no haunting eyes staring at me from between the darkness of the trees. Or maybe I just wasn’t paying any attention.

Obviously, this has my hopes up pretty damn high for today. I mean, yesterday managed to go perfectly fine, and smoothly, so there’s nothing to go against the idea that today could be pretty similar on those terms.

I get up with a chirpy smile on my face, immediately deciding to make some waffles for breakfast – yes, they’re one of my favourites, but I’m pretty sure Kade absolutely loves them, too. I mean, who can’t? The way they melt in your mouth, covered in your favourite syrup, or chocolate sauce. I can feel my mouth watering just thinking about it.

So, I put them in the toaster, busying myself with getting out some coca-cola whilst I wait. Kade comes down half way through me pouring out the two huge cups I have on the counter. “We’re having fizzy drinks with our breakfast? I’m seriously never gonna get used to that.” But he doesn’t complain as he takes his signature green cup from the side. I pick up my purple one, taking a quick sip.

“I don’t see the point in depriving myself of something I love just because it isn’t considered breakfast food.” I raise my hands in my defense, before the click of the toaster tells me that the waffles are done. All four of them are crisp and golden, so I chuck two onto each plate, feeling generous (trust me, usually I’d keep the majority to myself). Kade raises his eyebrow at this.

A moment later, he shakes the look off of his face, smiling as he says, “Fair enough, Justie.” The smile soon turns into a smirk as my eyes narrow, and I find myself glaring at him.

It’s tempting to start chasing him round the house till me makes up for it, but as my eyes flicker over the crisp, golden waffles, which I have absent-mindedly smothered in golden syrup, I realise I can’t. “You’re lucky this time.” I know my eyes are probably sparkling right now as Kade doesn’t pay any attention to the threat.

He doesn’t reply, making a light hum-like sound instead – he even manages to make the simple sound seem sarcastic.

Within minutes, I have devoured both of the waffles, and had another full glass of coca-cola, with Kade watching me, a smirk on his face the whole time. He comes towards me when I'm finished, his finger contacting the skin at the corner of my mouth, wiping away some syrup, which he then proceeds to suck off of his finger. Shit, my mind is thinking naughty things right now.

Not bothering to try and hold back, I attack his lips with my own, my hands making their way into his hair, as his grab a hold of my waist. I feel him moving forward, so I move backwards, before feeling my back hit the sink. Our hands are running errands along each other’s bodies, our lips still moving fast and furiously, neither of us wanting to let go.

I can feel the passion of the kiss, and it overwhelms me.

After a minute or two, Kade leans back, resting his forehead against mine, sighing as he regains his breath, before saying, "We have uni soon." His words are raspy and rough, coming out between deep, harsh breaths. Honestly, he looks so damn sexy right now.

"Screw uni?"

He smiles, before kissing me roughly again. "Screw uni." He murmurs the word between kisses before we're at each other again.

“How the fuck did this bastard get my number?” Kade’s voice is a shout that has me wanting to squirm away from him as he glares at me, despite this not being under my control. “I can’t believe this! Is he seriously trying that fucking hard to come after you? I swear I’m gonna get this asshole!” Honestly, I’m a little scared. He sounds just about ready to kill.