Part Five

The rest of the week passes by slowly. Everything seems to be this humongous bundle of confusion. All the time. And what's worse is that every time I try to make sense of it all, it decides to become even more confusing.

Plus, I've been noticing things. Like how, when girls surround Kade, he doesn't seem interested. He's polite, civil, but not all over them. And thinking that makes me think back over the past few years. I wonder, has he ever been interested in them? Recently, it seems as if he's only been interested in me though. The girls will surround him, he'll provide small talk and he'll let his gaze connect with mine and stay like that, all the while talking to the girls.

It makes me wonder how long he's been gay. Or if he just randomly decided to be that night.

I've also been noticing how uninterested I seem to be in the girls. They've been hanging off my hips for years now, yet I never really noticed until this moment. And I'm starting to hate it. Which is strange, considering my player reputation.

“Hey, Justin.” A girl I don't even know the name of or recognise is beside me. She practically purrs into my ear, probably thinking it sounds seductive or something. Who the Hell is she?

“Erm, hey.” I know, I'm being awkward. But thinking you might be gay does that to you.

A thought crosses my mind for a moment. The thought of using her as a distraction. But I shake it away, ashamed of myself. That isn't me. Not at all. Despite my player reputation, I've never actually used a girl. In fact, I've only ever kissed one and she was my first and only girlfriend. I think the most we did was kiss and hold hands. I'm only known as a player due to the fact that girls seem to want to surround me. And I let them. It's a great way to forget about stuff. But still, I'm not the kind to use a girl.

I think the girl had been rambling on about something but everything goes silent as she looks at me, as if awaiting a reply or an answer. Oh, shit.

“I- Uh- I gotta go. Sorry.” Ha, lame, I know. Technically though, I do have class in five minutes.

I call over Kade as I walk away from the girl, secretly hoping to never have to bump into her again. “We've got sketching now.” I sigh, wishing the day would be over. One more lesson, one more hour. Then a ride on Kade's motorbike and we're home. Yeah, weird to ride on another guys bike with him, but I'm too tired to care and am not walking home today.

“Hey,” Kade tilts my head towards him, a thumb under my chin. “One more hour then we're on our way home and I'll make you a bubble bath and some dinner, ey?”

I laugh half-heartedly. “Okay, mate.” I imitate his accent, earning a smack on the upper arm. “You ain't gon' be in that bath with me, are ya?” I pretend to shiver, despite the appeal there.

He leans down to whisper into my ear, his tone husky and very suggestive; “Only if you want.”

In sketching, a guy is there, wearing nothing but boxers as a translucent cloth is draped over his whole body, still letting everyone see his perfect muscles and-

Kade growls from beside me. My head snaps up, confused and a little afraid by the sound that just emanated from his throat.

I question him with my eyes.

“You were practically drooling over the model!” He whispers although makes it sound like he's shouting. Our canvases are standing on the easels, next to each others, and we've been given the task of sketching this man.

“No, studying.” I correct him, knowing it'll make his blood boil. Sue me, it gets me turned on.

“You were unclothing him with your eyes.”