Part Twenty-seven

As is turns out, the day goes well. I guess it could be said that it goes too well. No comments about how gay this whole thing is (although I guess that is the point, so I couldn’t really be offended if anyone did say anything like that), no weird looks or stupid gestures, and the best part – no creepy eyes staring at us throughout or at the end of the day. I’m most definitely relieved when the day ends and we’re making our way home, not having to worry about some idiot who doesn’t seem to know when a threat is taken too far.

On the ride home from the uni, I’m content. I’m content with how life is going right now. Kade is still beaming, completely euphoric over the surprise I had ready for him at the school this morning. Honestly, I’m surprised he hasn’t asked about a million questions yet (although I really shouldn’t speak too soon, I suppose). He’s just been so happy today, holding my hand throughout the day, or letting our shoulders touch in lessons when our hands are occupied with drawing. I know this is how he’s wanted things to be since the very beginning.

As the wind ruffles my hair, my arms wrapped around Kade’s waist as he steers the bike passed all the cars on the road, overtaking many, probably wanting to get home faster, I let out a sigh – it’s filled with relief and happiness and love and everything I’m feeling right now. Maybe Kade just wants to hug me, too, right now; maybe that’s why he’s driving so fast. Maybe I’m just thinking wishfully. Or maybe everything is going to be okay right now.

Never one to get my hopes up, or should I say, realising that it would be bad to get my hopes up, I push away the thought that everything’s going to be okay like it’s a fairytale or something. But I still hold onto that bit of hope that Kade is driving fast so that he can hug me and we can kiss and things can stay this perfect – if only for an evening.

“I love you!” I have to shout it over the howls of the wind, and hope that Kade can hear me. I don’t get a reply, but I think he’s just too busy concentrating.

Soon enough, we’re home. Gosh, I’ve never been happier to get home. Just to be able to cuddle with Kade for the evening and know that shit is okay for a little while. I already feel like I’m in Heaven and Kade hasn’t even parked the bike yet.

“I love you back.” Kade finally says as he takes off my helmet, letting his lips brush against mine for a split second. My heart melts because he heard me, and he remembered so that he could tell me now.

I grab his hand as soon as he’s put away the helmets and secured the motorbike in place, leading him inside, trying to stop myself from running in glee as I do so. When we’re inside, we immediately make our way to the lounge, jumping onto the sofa, and sitting there. Seriously, just sitting there, myself sitting in Kade’s lap with my chin resting on my knees as I tilt my body till it’s snuggling up in the security of Kade’s as he wraps his arms around me.

After a few minutes, Kade begins placing light kisses on my temple, forehead, nose, chin, cheeks, everywhere he can get to. They aren’t full of lust or desire, they’re just sweet and simple, and I like it. I don’t make any move to bring things further, because I’m perfectly content with the sweetness of the moment. I really, really love him in this moment.

I let my lips meet his after a while, just once, in a short kiss, no longer than a few seconds, holding nothing but love within it. I pour my emotions into him in this sweet kiss; how much I love him, I need him, and just how much I care, how much he means to me. The kiss portrays all of that. And yes, there is a want there – of course I want him, so much. But the want isn’t prominent, it’s nothing worth fussing over, it’s just a feeling, and in this moment, it’s a feeling that is irrelevant.

“I think I’m a little tired.” A yawn escapes my lips with perfect timing, proving that, despite it only being around six in the evening, I am tired.