Connection

Hana's POV:

I can't forgive whoever killed Kaito, I won't and I'm more than certain it was the one who betrayed me. Kaito must have been delivering the message to me , that Haruka had sent no doubt he'll send someone else.
Once he realises I haven't sent a reply.

"So what do you plan to do, find that bird, Kai was it?" Rikuo asked
"Yes , he would never stray to far from Kaito so he must be in the Tono area, the only question is how do I find him? He's an animal so he has no yokai presence, looks like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way send out a search party ,I'll ask Itaku about it later but..."

"Your worried aren't you"
"I am , I know I shouldn't be...but I am what if Haruka sends someone else and they get killed also like an endless cycle... "
"It's alright to be worried you know and......even.." he mumbled

"what did you say ?" I asked looking at him.

"Nothing nevermind"

"No, go on"

"It doesn't matter"

"Come on Rikuo"

"It probably doesn't even apply to you"

"Rikuo"

"Yeah?"

"Just say it, I'm sure it will not anger me"

"Fine, all I said was...it's alright to be afraid"

I looked at him and...I smiled

"You know I have never been afraid at all, only once in my life"
"If you don't mind me asking.....when was that?"
"Huh?.....oh um" I started to blush.
"Come on I told you what you wanted to know..." He smirked and moved closer to me.
"Well.....when er, I thought I.....would lose you"
"Say what?"
"I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember you and I, we were very young."
"I do....I do remember"
"Y-you do?"
"Yeah and I also remember the look of fear in your eyes"
"Hm"
"Hana?"
"yes,Rikuo"
"I-You know that I would ever let anything happen to you right?"
"Huh.....yes I -I do and Rikuo?"
"Yeah?"
"I would never let anything happen to you either..." I said embarrassed

At that moment our eyes met and we both knew this would be the right time......he leaned in as did I and our lips met. Neither of us denied it by pulling away, instead our lips moved in sink with each other, it felt so right after all this time these were feelings I truly had for Rikuo, he was his own person and I was mine. This feeling I had felt since I had known him it was almost as if it was bubbling up in my stomach wanting, to know even more about him and all his wants and desires, fears and ailments.

This was unlike anything I had ever felt before...

I loved him so much I didn't want to let anything happen to him and I wanted his protection as well.

I pulled away for air and looked into his eyes, happy I could finally express what I had been unsure about, this confirmed it.

"Hana be my woman?"
"Rikuo...."