Home

I was in shock someone in Rikuo's own clan wanted me dead again?

I thought we were all cleared in their eyes...

Clearly not.

"Rikuo, what should we do? How do you know?" I asked squeezing his hands in mine looking down trying to keep myself together.

I thought about Wakana said I want to be a strong wife or the leader of the Nura clan, it's what my clan would have wanted.

For me to be happy and strong.

I will stand by my husband to be, strong and ready to fight when he or his clan needs me.

And do my duty as a wife of the Nura clan and protect my husband's clansmen!

"Because we found him, he admitted to it without issue and we have sealed him in a room. I'm sorry Hana it was one of our own, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from my own clan I-"

I could see he was becoming visibly angry with himself as he continued to speak so I silenced him with a soft kiss.

Then I realised why he was acting this way.

He was scared.

He was scared of losing me, when I was cursed he must have been so worried, he didn't know what was going to happen to me.

It must have been the first time he's felt something like this.

I pulled away from him and looked at him in his eyes with a sympathetic look.

"Rikuo, I have made the decision to be your wife, that means dealing with potential threats to my life, your life and the clans. We will get through this together, we will protect the clan together and we will defeat our enemies together. I will always be with you I don't want you to think this was your fault in any way at all. I love you Rikuo, that will not change. I will do anything for you because you , Rikuo Nura, are my soulmate."

I spoke in his eyes with confidence I meant every word of what I said.

"Hana, I will always love and protect you, for the longest time all I have wanted to do is hold you close to me and I cannot wait for you to become my wife." He spoke looking at me, I felt as though I would just melt away under his gaze and I couldn't stop myself from hugging him tightly in which he did the same.

"Master Rikuo! The traitor is becoming more agitated!"

We both heard Kurotabo yell down the hall, we the pulled away from each other and went quickly to him and I felt Rikuo hold my hand as we neared the room where I could only guess the yokai was being held.

There were several of Rikuo's vassals outside the room, you could feel the large amount of yokai aura.

"Hana, we are going to execute him, it's been decided it will be carried out tomorrow, I don't want you to go near this room until it is done"

Rikuo spoke to me tightening his grip around my hand.

"Rikuo I want to see and talk to him, I will be alright, please?" I asked squeezing his hand gently back.

He looked as though he was debating about it in his mind until he spoke,

"Alright, but I'm going in with you"

"Okay"

Kubinashi then pulled back the slide and Rikuo and I stepped in and the door closed behind us.

I looked over to who had betrayed the Nura clan, wrapped up in seals, was a fire yokai I didn't recognise which I was partially glad about.

I stepped forwards letting go of Rikuo's hand.