Revealed

Rikuo and I walked hand in hand down the corridor to the main room where the clan leaders would be waiting for us.

I felt very comforted just by his skin on mine, I felt so at peace in my mind with him next to me.

As we neared the door I could feel Rikuo's hand tighten around mine in a protective manner, as we stopped outside the doors to the room he turned to me and said:

"Hana, whatever happens it will be okay, we will find who tried to hurt you and then..."

He snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, I then put my arms around him, and buried my head into his chest.

"We can live happily..." He continued.

"Although it may not always be like that, things may come up and-"

"It's all okay, let's just focus on the here and now" He reassured me 

I pulled away and looked at him and nodded with confidence, something I haven't done for a long time.

We then went in.

Everyone was sitting down.

Rikuo and I took our places on the right side of Nurarihyon next to each other, when Rikuo married me, he would truly take over and sit where Nurarihyon was sat at the head of his night parade and I would be to his left.

By him forever.

Nurarihyon began to speak;

"Now, thank you for gathering here, as by now I am sure you are aware, there was an attempt on Hana's life, if any of you saw anything suspicious or have heard anything among you, now would be a good time to come forward with that information."

Everyone was silent and then Lord Daruma spoke:

"Nurarihyon, word among us is that there seems to be two separate incidents here, one of which is who started the fire in Lady Hana's bedroom and the other is who cursed her. In regards to the curse what kind of pattern was it and did it cover the entire body?"

I was happy someone was trying to be helpful and soon we all began to discuss what had happened and possible explanations. It just took one person to break the ice it seemed, and I was very happy the other leaders seemed to accept me as Rikuo's bride.

We had concluded that the curse that was placed on me was used by Fugitana's clan years ago due to the pattern, it was easy to decipher but the question remained who had set my room on fire.

"Kubinashi anything to report about the fire? Anything unusual?" Rikuo asked Kubinashi who was standing in the corner of the room.

"Yes, there was something odd about how quickly it spread around Lady Hana's room and we determined it wasn't a normal fire, it was a yokai fire spirit who started it"

So there was someone else out there who wanted me dead, but surely they must have had to have known about the curse as well otherwise how else would they have-

"Hana, you okay?"

Rikuo was looking at me with concern and putting his hand over mine, it was comforting.

"Yes, just thinking, whoever it was that set the fire would have known about the curse, so it must be someone who was at the battle and saw it happen or they already knew, either way they had some contact with Fugitana."

"I agree, all of you will investigate, any scouts or yokai in any of your groups or associates who were in the general area of the mountains where the battle took place, and we will do the same on our end" Nurarihyon finished and everyone got up and began going about their business