turdy-seven ✉

"What?" Harry set him up to do what?

"Harry had been saying some shit about a couple girls. He called you that emo girl all the time and I was just mocking him... Jokingly, of course." Harry said those things? "I was just repeating some things he said. He just didn't show you that part of the conversation."

"Harry's the one that sent you those texts to spite me. He didn't like you and me together." He adds, "I guess he liked you."

"But the texts have been coming from an unknown texter," I mumble. Harry is the one who's been texting me?

"Well those texts were sent to Harry," he shrugs.

"Can I see the number you have for Harry?" Alex nods and pulls out his phone. I pull up the number for the person I've been texting. They match up. I've been texting Harry.

"I can't believe Harry is the one who's been texting me..." It makes sense.

"I'll go on a date with you, Alex." I sigh, "Maybe tomorrow though. I need a night, okay?"

He nods. "I'll see you tomorrow, Maggie."

"Night," I mumble before stepping back inside.

I really, really, really want to cry. I want to yell and cry. I want to just break down and hit Harry. I'm so mad and upset and hurt. I'm just so confused. I should've known all along. It makes so much sense, but I feel like such an idiot!

Harry was the one in the shoe store that day. Harry was the one in Alex's driveway that night. Harry was there when I was with Brandon. Harry called me Magdalene that day at lunch. He was at the mart that night. He's been everywhere and I've just been thinking they're weird coincidences. This whole time he's been just trying to hurt me? I just don't believe it. The person texting me wouldn't do that...

Harry wouldn't do that? Yes he would.

I can't believe I let myself open to this. And he had been hinting since the beginning, but I always thought he was joking. I knew I shouldn't of trusted this. I knew this was some stupid prank from the beginning. What the hell was Harry trying to prove by doing all of this?

I fucking hate Harry Styles. I am so mad. I can't believe that Harry fooled me into thinking Alex was a bad guy. I bet Harry had no intention of ever telling me who he was. He was probably just going to keep messing with me until March came along and then disappeared.

I pick my phone up off the bed and I have a bunch of texts from the u̶n̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n - Harry. That sounds so weird to say Harry.

Kelly Clarkson: Maggie.

Kelly Clarkson: I woke up from my nap.

Kelly Clarkson: maggie?

Kelly Clarkson: i know youre not asleep. its only ten-thirty

Kelly Clarkson: it must be a good movie

Kelly Clarkson: are you mad at me?

Kelly Clarkson: i'd ask if your phone is dead but i know it's not

Kelly Clarkson: is there every a moment when you're phone is dead?

Kelly Clarkson: maggie....?

Kelly Clarkson: goodnight maggie. :/

[[ /// \\\ ]]

I know I should say something to him. I just don't know what. I'm just speechless at this whole situation. This boy - this sweet, funny, and loving boy is Harry. And this boy was just playing me against Alex. The whole thing just seems wrong. I mean, this person doesn't seem like the kind of person to play me. This person just isn't what I expected Harry to be. It can't be Harry, right? But everything matches up! There's no denying that the numbers match up and every "coincidence" since I started texting this person.

So why was Harry trying to be nice to me? Was he hoping that he could make Alex look like the bad guy, so he'd have a chance to mess with me? He has Megan, though. I'm just so confused. I don't even know what to do.

I'm just done with Harry. His lies and games are over now. I'm never talking to him again. I grab my phone off the nightstand and take a deep breath.

Me: Hi.

Me: I know it's like two in the morning and you're probably asleep, but I found out some interesting news today.

Me: ....Harry.

Me: Alex tells me that those texts you sent me

Me: were really just things you've said

Me: did you honestly think you could just go along with this whole anonymous thing and i'd never find out?

Me: you and i both knew you had no intentions of ever telling me

Me: this was just some stupid game for you, wasn't it?

Me: you thought that you could spread lies and fill my head with this idea that you were some good person

Me: and constantly making alex look like the bad guy

Me: and trying to make yourself look better

Me: and then throw alex under the bus

Me: and naturally i was feeling vulnerable

Me: so you came in and told me i deserved better

Me: thinking i'd fall for you

Me: well guess what?

Me: i didn't

Me: i know who you are now, Harry.

Me: and you're exactly who I thought you were

Me: an asshole.

Me: don't ever talk to me again.

Me: k bye

I tap edit and click block. I removed him from my contact list - he's blocked. Harry Styles didn't have to come clean after all. This stupid game is over for him.