six ✉

M A G G I E

"Harry?" Shit. Better come up with a god damn good excuse, Harry.

I turn around and Maggie's standing by the entrance to the store. She takes a step inside and looks around.

"Uh, what do you want?" Not too hostile, Harry. She hates you enough.

"What are you doing in here? I thought somebody like you would shop at Oscar Del a Douchebag," she rolls her eyes. Smooth, Maggie. Smooth.

"I thought somebody like you would shop at Skank-Mart." Shit, Harry. Shut the fuck up.

"Asshole," she mutters before leaving the store.

"Shit, I didn't mean that," I mutter. The employee comes back out from behind the door.

"Are these the shoes you were looking for?" She sets them down on the counter.

"Yeah." I fucked up here. God, this is definitely not going so well. She's going to be so pissed if she ever finds out I'm the one texting her. She hates me. I shouldn't of said that! I was just trying not to make it obvious. Now I look like an asshole. My goal was to be nicer to her when I was Harry. I wanted to make this stupid transition easier and now I've backtracked like a hundred steps.

I paid for the shoes and stepped out of the store. My phone went off and I knew who it was. I know it's going to be here. She's going to tell me what an awful person I am.

But if only she knew.

Maggie Hall ✩: I am so pissed. beyond pissed. I can't even see righ t now .

Me: why?

Because of me.

Maggie Hall ✩: harry. he. I just can't. im so upset he's a dick

Maggie Hall ✩: so much for your "he's not such a bad guy" speech. fuck you and fuck harry styles.

Maggie Hall ✩: and for a second, a SPLIT SECOND, I almost thought he was the you. And you know the worst part?

Maggie Hall ✩: I might of ACTUALLY BEEN FINE WITH IT. but all he did was throw fires at me and I just can't like I got my hopes up god I am so pissed I'm done. Beyond done.

Me: maggie, please.

Maggie Hall ✩: just stop texting me. S T O P . I'm tired of you dragging me along and playing with my feelings. stop pretending like you like me when obviously you're just doing this for a cheap chase

Maggie Hall ✩: I can't wait for you seniors to leave.

Maggie Hall ✩: don't text me or I'll block you. I swear to god, don't try me.

Maggie Hall ✩: I am so pissed rn.

I want to reply, but I'm not going to try that threat. I know she'd get a joy out of blocking me whether she knew I was Harry or not. I screwed up, I'm not making this one up anytime. She's never going to forgive me.

Is it even safe to give her these shoes without blowing my cover now? Like it already looks really suspicious that I was in there right after she left and then the shoes show up at her doorstep? She'll know it's me.

Me: tim, i need to meet you at the food court.

After a minute, my phone buzzed again.

Tim: why?

Me: I need to talk to you.

Tim: okay I guess.

He's my only hope.

[[ /// \\\ ]]

"Hey Harry," Tim smiles. "I was quite surprised you texted me. I'm not exactly in your friend circle."

Tim sits down and I push my plate towards him.

"Yeah, but you're friends with Maggie, right?" Tim shakes his head and pushes the plate back.

"Yeah..."

"I need a favor, but there's a few things," I grab the bag off the ground and place it on the table.

"Okay, I guess."

"These are shoes for Maggie. They're a Christmas present. Tell her they showed up on your doorstep with no name," I look around to make sure Maggie's not around. "Don't tell her anything about me and you talking and especially about me giving you the shoes, okay?" He nods.

"But why?" I don't know if I tell him about the texting or not.

"I really like Maggie, that's all," I sigh.

"But she hates you."

"Pretty much."

"I don't know if you're telling me the whole story or not, but you have my word," he grabs the bag off the table. "I won't tell her about anything."

"If it's any consolation, I don't think she hates you as much as she lets on." Yeah, right. Not after today.

"Thank you so much, Tim." He nods and we both stand up.

"So, I'll see you at the Christmas party in nine days?" I add, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah man."

Me: Maggie, please don't block me. I'm really sorry that he said those things to you. Don't let it bother you.

I take a seat on the bench. After a minute, she replies.

Maggie Hall ✩: wait...

Maggie Hall ✩: how do you know what he said?

Me: I don't. you said he said something mean.

Maggie Hall ✩: whatever. Let me make something clear - you and I will never be a thing. Ever. So stop trying to talk to me, okay? Give up. In five months, you graduate and you'll leave. Or at least I hope.

Maggie Hall ✩: I'm not the girl for you and you'll definitely never be the guy for me. so fuck off.

++++

vote, comment, watch high school musical kids ❤