one

one

~ Nathan ~

"Thank you and goodnight!" I join the boys in a line as we bow to the audience before walking off stage after finishing our last show of the tour. "Great show babe" Ariana appears wrapping her arms around my torso as she places a kiss under my jaw. "Thanks" I reply slipping my arm around her small waist.

So you guessed it, Ariana and I are a couple, and we're still together yes. We have been together for a good couple of months now, the first part of our relationship was definitely the best, spending all our time together, telling the fans, all over each other. Madly in love. But in my mind, it's slowly fizzling away, well not to her, but to me.

Every day my mind ponders over to what Nessa must be up to over in Australia. Probably with someone new, enjoying the sunny atmosphere in such a huge country. Living her life with someone who treats her the way she deserves. But in the pit of my stomach, I miss her. I miss her a lot. In my mind I keep torturing myself. Why did you let her slip away? All of this is down to you, Nathan. I never really realised until now how much she meant to me. And I let her go, she's gone.

I love Ariana, but my feelings towards her don't match the stronger ones I've always had towards Nessa, and I don't have the heart to dump Ariana. She's been my support system, my shoulder to cry on. And we can all tell how much she adores me. Her mums told me that, so has her brother and her friends. Saying ever since she'd met me, she had turned into a different person. A better, happier person. I'd brought out the real her. But I'm staying with her, when actually I could of had the chance to win Nessa back. Fly over to Australia and get my girl back! But it's too late.

"Babe?" Ariana snaps me out of my trance and I blink looking down at her. "You okay?" She raises an eyebrow and I respond with a simple nod running a hand through my sweaty hair as I remove all of my stage equipment and ear piece. "I say we go grab some drinks to celebrate our last show" Max claps his hands together. "I'm up for that!" Tom states waving his hand in the air whilst his other remains in Kelsey's. "Let's go then!" Ariana giggles as we all change and head towards the exit. Luckily, gates are blocking the private area we are in where the tour bus ect is all parked up. So we don't get mobbed. Especially with Ariana here.

We hear our names being called from the fans and the paps but we get straight into the bus as we head out the private parking and we lose the crowds of paps and photographers. Since Ariana and I are sitting at the back of the bus, the others can't really see us, making Ariana do intimate things.

I feel her lips under my ear and on my temple. "Fancy slipping upstairs?" She purrs. "I'm not in the mood Ari, sorry" I respond truthfully. She wears a hurt expression but shakes it off as the journey continues silently.

"Five pints and whatever the ladies are having" Max orders at the bar and the girls tell the woman behind their orders. I sip my pint with a sigh, wow I've been sighing a lot today. Force of habit, I know.

We all sit around a table with our drinks, chatting away and buying more rounds every so often.

Ariana places a hand on my leg and I bite my lip before feeling my phone buzz to see it's mum. "I've got to take this" I hold my phone up to Ariana and she nods as I get up making her hand drop away and I slip outside, still holding my pint in my hand.

"Hi mum"

"Hey sweetie, how was your last show?"

"Fine. Yeah it was good"

"How's Ariana?" She asks quietly.

"I dunno, fine I guess. Just.. Ariana I suppose"

"I can't wait to see you. We've all missed you"

"I've missed you all too! I'll be back in no time"

"Oh Nathan"

"Yeah?"

"There's one last thing I think you should know..."

"What is it?" I frown sipping my pint.

"Vanessa's back in town" Her words cause me to spit my mouthful out all over the pavement.

"What?!"

"Yeah I know- Listen I've gotta go, things to do. But don't worry I'll see you soon"

"Okay. Bye mum"

"Bye sweetheart" She replies before hanging up. I can't believe it the love of my life is back, here, in the uk. This is it. This could be my chance to talk to her, sort things out properly. Win her back. "Nathan?" Ariana calls from the doorway and I roll my eyes slipping my phone away and turning round to face her. "You coming? What's up?" She frowns. "Nothing. Just mum telling me how excited she is to see me" I chuckle. Correction, a fake chuckle.

"Come on" I fling my arm around her shoulders as we walk back inside and we finish our last round of drinks before we're on the road to a hotel for the night. Then we are flying back to England tomorrow. I lay beside Ariana in bed, she sleeps silently whilst I'm still awake. Pictures of Vanessa flashing in my mind. Her thick brown hair and those chocolate eyes which melt any mans heart, and a smile nobody can ever forget.

I wonder if she's changed.. I don't know, her hair maybe? Lost weight? Put weight on? So many thoughts are running through my mind I forget that I'm up at 5:30 to go to the airport. And I honestly get absolutely no sleep.

I stay in this position for hours, until in the corner of my eye, I see Ari waking up. "Good morning" She rolls over onto her belly, laying on my chest as she pecks my lips with that same signature sweet smile. "Morning" I reply. "Ooh is that the time? We really need to get ready, come on!" She drags me out of bed and I silently pack our things. We meet the others in the lobby where we sign out and after a long journey to the airport, we are sitting on our private jet. Yes, private jet.

"Babe are you okay? You seem a bit.. Quiet this morning" Ariana stares at me concerned. "I'm fine, just tired" I admit with a smile smile turning my head to look out of the window. I know you're out there Nessa, and I promise, I'm coming. And I'm going to win you back.

A/N: Sorry it's short. I decided to make it short due to a lot going on in the next chapter but eeek! It's finally started! Who's excited?