ch-22

Alec P.O.V

Everything about this place screams rich and creepy.  I mean this palace is in the middle of forbidden forest. No one can see this town cause it was enchanted  by powerful witches.

As a high king ,Jaxon has pretty great responsibility. As someone said 'Great power comes with great responsibility'

Right now I'm with Brick looking at maps of the territories of this pack grounds. River flowing in South and white Mountains in the North border would make it hard to set up perfect security measures. But it is not impossible. East and west borders has immense forests which is pretty much surrounded by electric fence and also protected by witches. Jaxon would immediately feel it if anyone tried to cross the borders without his permission.

Tresspassing is serious crime when it comes to werewolves. There is no way anyone would dare to tresspass until they have death wish.

"So what do you think?" Brick knew very well what I was thinking. North and south border needs some more security measures.

"North and south border has so many weak points that need to be take care of. Some one could easily tresspass into pack grounds. They could dive through water or through mountain tunnels" Mountains are the worst security threat.  Someone could easily sneak.

"So,  what's your plan? " Brick asked rubbing his forehead.

" Don't worry we have high-tech sensors that can be placed under water. We can immediately know if someone is in river. But I'm more worried about mountains" I have always been honest with clients.

"Yeah, we usually have more tresspassers through mountain terrains. As it is never ending chain. It's hard to keep it in check. " see I told you.

"Then all we can do is build laser walls with infra red fusion. This should help us" This is the best way I can think of.

"Sure. Let's take this to His Highness." I hope Jaxon would like this plan. Even though borders are protected by witches. They want to take help of modern technology too.

As Brick and I gathered our Research Mia entered in.

"Mia,  Are you alright? " I wonder what she's frowning about.

"Yeah. It's nothing. How is your research going? " she immediately changed the subject.

"Uh-huh" and I told everything me and Brick discussed earlier.

"Good Idea. Laser walls can be more promising. Do you think it would help us with tresspassers along the terrain?" she asked while looking at the map.

"I think so." But I know it's really costly.

"What about CCTV cameras? " Mia asked Brick.

"We already have at least 150 cameras in pack land. " Brick answered smirking. He must feel proud. But Mia knows better.

" Nope. That's not enough. If you really want to hype up your security, you would need minimum 300. You have lots of pack grounds to cover. Look at this place, You don't have any cameras at Creek. You would need one or two over there. Last night I have researched  about this and I have found some weak points where you need immediate attention"  Mia said pointing at some places on the Map.

"I have never thought about that" Brick answered looking at Mia in Awe.

"Let's take this to your king." Mia said while helping us to collect all the papers.

"Where is the kids? " I hope they are comfortable here.

" They are with Ryan and Connor " she answered but started frowning again as soon as she said Connor's name. I should talk to her later. She seems to be disturbed about something.

We reached Right wing and knocked on Jaxon's office door. We heard small but firm come in and we did. He is buried in lots of paper work since yesterday. That does to you when you left your pack for one month. There is someone out the room too. Looks like Dexter helps Jaxon a lot with pack business. He looked old but I can tell he still seems to have that flame in himself. He is sitting on the sofa which is across Jaxon's desk.

Brick walked up to Jaxon and stood beside him.

"please have a seat" me and Mia took the chairs opposite to him.

We laid our research on his table after brick cleared the table for us.  I hesitated to discuss our research with him as Dexter is in this room too. I trust no one when it comes to clients security projects. And I don't know anything about Dexter.

"It's Okay. He's family" Jaxon tried to assure. I looked at Dexter who smiled at us in response.

"Sorry Mr. Bryant. It's against our company's policy. We can't discuss this research with others in this room. It's high risk. We can allow your Beta as he must be the one to manage this other than you and our high clearance staff no one is allowed to know about what we discuss. I'm sorry Mr. Felix. It's just our company's policy" Mia told him politely but vaguely.  I know Mia would always comes to the rescue.

"I can understand. Anyway I have to talk to some guards. Jaxon I will take my leave" with that Dexter walked out of the room. I looked at Jaxon who is staring at Mia with surprise look on his face. But Mia being Mia doesn't seem to notice. What should I do with this girl.  I cleared my throat to get Jaxon's attention.

As we finished our meeting,  Jaxon looked both amazed and satisfied.

"Now I know why Brick recommend you guys. You guys seems to be best at this. And don't worry about the cost. I want best for my people. So,  I suppose you guys are on board with this" Jaxon asked us. I looked at Mia who gave me a nod to go ahead.

"Yes.  We have a deal. Now I think we should check the borders personally. We need some people who has high clearance and whom you can trust. " I told him our next step.

"Sure. Brick would look up to it. " As we were about to leave. Jaxon asked something out of blue.

"Please don't take Me. Mia to check the borders" what that supposed to mean.

"Excuse me"

if I know one thing about Mia that would piss her off is to tell her not to do something. All I could think was

"uh-oh"

A/N>>

😁😁😁

I know I left you guys hanging.

But I want it to be surprise for coming chapters.

Hope you guys are enjoying this book.

Bless you all. 😘😘