Chapter 19 - Prophesies

Chapter 19: Prophesies

Savina, I'm back. Where are you? Aeddan startled me.

He surprised me. His loud thoughts weren't something I was prepared to hear in the middle of the night, while I was alone in an eerie old attic.

I'm up in the attic, I quickly replied, looking around.

Are you alone? he asked in a strange tone.

I thought that an odd way to say that. Yes, I am, I answered suspiciously.

It took Aeddan just a few minutes to climb five flights of stairs. I heard his footsteps as he climbed the narrow stairway to the attic. As he opened the attic door, it creaked against the old,
weathered hinges, creaking louder in the dead of night.

"Why did you ask if I was alone?" I asked Aeddan as he walked toward me with old, fragile scrolls in his arms.

"Because, there are some things here that others shouldn't read," he answered me, frowning.

Is it really that bad?-I thought to myself. "Why are there so many?" My facial expression changed to one of question and concern.

"There are prophesies of major people involved with the war and the outcomes," Aeddan muddled the last word as he vaguely explained.

I raised my eyebrows at him and tilted my head slightly to the side. "Outcomes? There's more than one?" I asked, confused.

"There is, or at least there could be; depending on the course of action taken to lead to that particular outcome," he replied.

Great ... like that was clear, I thought sarcastically. I understood, but didn't really want to.

So, I had to make the correct choices and choose the correct paths for things to turn out right.

More weight on my already overburdened shoulders. I sighed and moved to turn on the lights.

Aeddan took one of the older scrolls out from his arm and handed it to me. I gently unrolled it and placed it as softly as I could onto the large, round coffee table that set in front of my large comfy couch. He sat beside me after he put the rest of the scrolls on an opposite facing sofa.

"This looks so old," I commented.

"It is. Over a thousand years," he answered.

I knew that, but didn't think I'd see something like this as absolute proof.

Aeddan looked at me and asked, "This is The Prophesy of your parentage."

"My parentage?" I asked in a little girl voice. I felt stupid.

"We're getting there," he said, nodding.

I nodded back, embarrassed.

I looked at the old, crinkled, dingy colored scroll and at first, I couldn't read it. It was written in an old language not used anymore, but suddenly the letters began to twist and turn around each other with a light golden glow until I could make out familiar words. The whole scroll had instantly changed so that I could read and understand every word.

I looked at Aeddan, surprised and puzzled. "What happened?" I asked, a little too loudly.

Aeddan smiled. "You changed the scroll so you could read it."

"No, I didn't." I shook my head.

"Yes, you did. You just don't realize how your powers are growing and evolving."

"Evolving?" I asked while wrinkling my nose.

"Growing, Savina," he answered, sounding like it was so obvious.