Chapter 12 - Parent's Day

Chapter 12

Parent's Day

Last night had been a turning point for me and my new beginning here at my real home. Lilith's tea party was so much better than I expected, but not because of her, of course. Everyone, but Lilith had such a wonderful time! We all laughed so hard and really had an awesome evening together!

After the party, we all sat in the front courtyard putting on our own little show for each other. However, Lilith, Sarah, and Hannah retired for the evening. I imagined Lilith was brooding somewhat, somewhere. The boys really enjoyed continuing the show with us and thanked us girls for hanging out with them. We stayed up so late that the teachers began to complain about the noise. Rupert had to come out and tell us it was late because we had lost track of time. We didn't mean to disturb anyone on purpose, but we laughed about it and called it a night. That was the most fun I have had in a long time and I was really happy. Last night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

The next morning, I was still happy from the night's show. Joy filled me and I felt as if it were surrounding me in a comforting warm blanket. It felt strange, but good. It was Parent's Day, the day the parents of all the students were to arrive and spend the day with their children, speak with their teachers and tour the estate. They also were going to have dinner with us as well.

Since my mother was in charge of the school and was busy, I didn't have anything to do. There weren't any classes, since the teachers would be busy with the parents. At breakfast, parents already began to arrive. I had to admit, I felt somewhat jealous of those who had their father with them. Marcus and I were the first to arrive at our little section of table in the dining hall.

"Hey, Marcus, Audrey's with her folks," I called out as he sat across the table from me.

"Yeah, where are Atrina and Aeddan?" he asked as he looked about the room for them.

"I don't know," I said, looking around for them too, wondering where they were.

"Is their brother Michael coming for Parent's Day?" he asked with a smirk.

"I'm not sure," I mumbled. I didn't know, but I wished he would come.

"So, I heard you had a big introduction yesterday," Marcus said, snickering at me. He knew how bashful I could be.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and thanks for the warning," I grumbled over my breakfast.

Marcus put his hands over his heart dramatically. "Awwwww, I'm sorry," he replied with a chuckle. "My uncle said you looked like a scared pup up there."

"Your uncle?" I gasped a little, then continued, "is the King of Meta-Wolves?"

"Yep," Marcus said, popping the 'p'. "He's my mother's brother."

"So, wait. That makes you royalty, too?" I asked, surprised.

"In a roundabout way, yes," he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

We didn't continue on the subject. Instead, we ate in silence until my mother came to sit with us, which I liked. I was missing her so much lately.

"Morning, Marcus," Mom said cheerfully. "So what are you two doing today?"

"Good Morning, Ms. O'Hayden," Marcus replied formally.

"Oh, come on, Marcus. You can call me Gillian," she said motherly.

"I think I'm just going to play at the baseball field later. Some of the boys are going to drag their parents down there for a game ... students against parents!" Marcus sounded very excited about the baseball game.