Saved by the bell.

Summer POV

It's been the longest year of my life. So many new changes, some good and bad. I finally had my little boy. I decided to name him Demetrius Cole Jones. He's my world. Mike and I have been dating for about seven months and I could honestly say I love him. I just didn't admit it. Mike was in my child life from day one. It's been three months since I've had him and whew! Life was kicking my ass. I was no longer staying at Ravens house. I bought me a small condo in the suburban area of Toledo, Ohio. After that day with Rashad I haven't heard from him. He hadn't called or texted me. I guess that's a good and bad thing. It's like we just didn't click. I was beautiful and I didn't deserve that shit he put me through.

I was laying down in my comfortable bed when I got a call from Raven.

"Hey how he doing?" I asked.

"Oh good he sleeps a lot" she laughed.

I decided to let Demetrius stay with Raven for the weekend.

"That's good. He used all his bottles?".

"Naw he still got like four more. What you up to today?" She asked changing the subject.

"Shit, I'm just chilling in the house right now why?".

"No reason. Hold up this Mike on the other line" she told me before hanging up.

I stretched out in my bed. Today was definitely a boring day for me. My bestfriend death anniversary was coming up and I was so emotional. Maybe if we would've stayed away from Rashad and Dayday she would've still been alive. I think about that all the time. A call came through interrupting my thoughts.

"Hello?".

The line was quiet.

"Hello??" I said again.

"Can I see my son".

I recognized his voice. It was Rashad.

"Rashad why you keep doing this? Popping up every six months thinking shit gone be good. You should've been at the baby shower, at the hospital when I had him. He doesn't know you".

I heard a sigh. I didn't wanna hurt his feelings I was just keeping it a buck.

"Summer. Let's not do this today, we've both moved on with our lives. I just wanna see my son man".

We both? I thought.

"Listen. You can see him Sunday. I don't have him right now".

"Where he at? I'll go get him".

"He's with his auntie. I said you can see him Sunday".

"Rashad babyyyy. Come on I'm ready" I heard a female voice say.

"Ight I'll see you Sunday. I gotta go". He said before hanging the phone up.

Chills ran down my spine and I started getting this nasty gut feeling I can't explain. I guess you could say I was jealous. I never fully got over Rashad but I had Mike now he treated me perfect. I never heard about him cheating or caught him. Everytime I went through his phone it was completely dry. I respected Mike. Even if we was to separate he still would be in Demetrius life. I loved him even more for that.

I remember the first time he held Demetrius. He couldn't take his eyes off him. He didn't even want anybody holding him. "He's beautiful" he repeated over and over. I even sawa tear fall from his eye at one point.

Rashad POV

"Brown or black?".

I looked up from my phone and seen my former girlfriend holding up two dresses.

"Black I guess".

"You don't like the brown one?".

"It's cool but I like the black one over the brown one. Just get both".

She smiled. "You ready?".

I picked up her shopping bags and walked to check out.

"Fifty seven dollars" the cashier said putting the dresses into a bag.

I pulled a fifty and a ten out my pocket.

"Thank you" Winter told me.

I know, I know. Winter right? The opposite of Summer literally. I met Winter a few months back at a bar. I didn't know a one night stand would turn into me dating this girl. I mean why not? Shit she sexy! Nice lil' shape, light skinned complexion, with tattoos everywhere! My type. The reason I say she's the opposite of Summer is because she don't care what I do. She don't go through my phone, she don't question me. I love that about her. Mind yo business. She held me down for the past four months. I ended up doing four months in the county for some shit I ain't even do. I definitely wasn't finna snitch though-

"Let's go home. I'm exhausted".

"Come on" I told her grabbing the bag out her hand.

We made it down to the entrance and walked to my car. She helped me load the bags in the trunk then we got in.

"You hungry?" She asked.

"Yeah, food on you?" I joked.

"Yeah what you want?".

"I was playing. I'll never let you buy me food. What you want to eat?" I asked her.

"Hmm. I'm in the mood for some Chinese".

"Alright order it over the phone so it can be ready when we get there".

She took out her phone and ordered both of us the orange chicken combo. We always ate that. That was the very first meal we shared.

I hopped off the freeway and pulled up to China Mountain. We both got out and walked in.

"Pick up?" The lady said.

"Yeah pick up for Winter".

She looked at her computer. "Okay twelve twenty-five".

I handed her a twenty. "Seven seventy five is your change" she said handing it to me.

We sat down waiting on our food. They took this long every single time we come here. I was getting fed up with this shit. I was shaking my leg up and down until I saw Summer lil boyfriend walk in with all smiles. If I knock his ass out he won't be smiling nomore.

"Pick up for Summer" he said handing over the cash then looking over in me and Winter direction.

His eyes grew big. "Wassup man" he said walking over to me.

He had to be blind cause I don't fuck with him.

"Who you talking to slim?".

He smiled. "Man no heart feelings right?".

Before I could answer the food was ready. I got up and walked passed him bumping into his shoulder. "Let's go Winter" I said before walking out of the store.

Saved by the bell I thought.

The next day me and Winter chilled in the house watching movies and shit. My phone went off and I picked it up to see what it was. Summer just posted Demetrius. He looked just like me. That was my twin. I couldn't wait to see him. I commented on it. "My twin👦🏽💉".

I looked up to see Winter starring at me. "Wassup?".

"Who you texting?"

I leaned my head back. "Why? I ain't texting nobody".

"So you just tapping your screen? Heard you".

I closed my eyes for a brief moment to stop me from saying something stupid. Then I opened them eyeing the television. She never was like this. She didn't care who I talked to. As long as I spent money on her ass. When the movie was over. I rolled on my side with my back facing her. After a while I drifted off to sleep. She fell asleep before me cause I heard her snoring.