The Black Dragons Farewell: Kagemi the Kuroryuu

- Unknown POV -
I could feel them ... scattered like the wind ... my brothers ... White, Blue, Green, Yellow and ... my master in Red. "Tell me, young Warrior, do you wish to meet your brothers?" A soft voice asks smoothly from within the dark depths of the shadows, seemingly inside my mind. I shake my head, even the simple action causes me nausea. I push myself to speak. "But ... how will they react? Knowing ... that there is one more ... warrior, knowing that I will bring them ... nothing but pain, even your brothers ... did not trust you after the incident ... the Dragon Gods themselves said that they will hate you ... and in turn, me." My quiet voice echoes throughout the pitch black cavern, bouncing of the walls that confine me.

Though it pains me to speak, for her, I will, it is the least that I can do for all she has done for me. I see her form come out from the shadows, her silky midnight black hair moving alongside her almost as if it were liquid, the color of the night sky, void of the stars that decorated it, void of the silver sun that shines softly onto our land. Her pale skin rivals that of a full moon, flawless and perfect, the only color that taints it is then soft crimson coating her cheekbones. Ancient ruby red eyes that seem to sparkle with the light of countless stars, tired from the years that they have seen. Her soft black lips move smoothly as she speaks, barely seen in the starlight.

"Dear Warrior, they may hate you because of their blood, but keep in mind that your blood loves them just as much as I do, and as much as you soon will." She smiles softly at me, the gesture gives me the reassurance that I cannot provide for myself. Her tired eyes land on my weak form, pathetic and frail. "No matter what happens or what they may or may not do to you, it is your heart, not your blood, that will forgive them. You are the guardian of the 4 Dragon Warriors that shine in the spotlight that history has placed them in." Her soft hand caresses my unruly black hair filled with knots, I risk a look at her through my fringe and I see her looking at me with ....

It can't be ... I did nothing to deserve ... pride. A loving smile plays on her lips as she gazes upon me with a soft look in her eyes. It confuses me greatly, I have been nothing but a burden upon her shoulders, I have done nothing that is deserving of anyone, much less someone as great as her, to be prideful of me! "I don't ... want to meet the others ... not again. Shu-Ten, Gu-En, Abi, Zeno ... they would not forgive me for the things I have done ..." as I speak the memories plague my mind, one in particular is especially vivid, the very same memory that haunts my dreams. 'My shaky hands grip the handle, the handle of a shining blade.

A sick sound fills my ears, the sound of a sword slashing through flesh. I look into his eyes, a beautiful fuchsia color, life draining by the second. His hair catches my eye, the color of the most beautiful sunrise. Crimson, like the blush of dawn' She looks at me with sorrow and regret drowning her deep red orbs, she looks away from me and grabs her fingers fidgeting slightly. She speaks lowly guilt dripping from her words "And what is it you did exactly?" I tilt my head downwards, my coarse and dull black hair covers my dead bloodshot red eyes as they gaze at the ground in shame.

My sickly pale skin clings to my thin bony form, my cheekbones stand away from my face, my empty eyes sunken into my skin, if it weren't for my soft slow breathing, I would appear to be a corpse. "I ... I killed" my voice cracks and shakes "killed ... King Hiryuu ..." The weight of the world seems to bear down upon my frail shoulders. She shakes her head slowly "No, my Warrior, it was I who had shed the blood of King Hiryuu. His blood resides on my hand and mine alone." Slowly she walks away from me speaking slowly, my eyes grow wide as I try to comprehend what she said. Her body steps farther away from me, away from this place.

Her words will forever echo in my mind "You may share my blood, my memories, my appearance and my power ... but if there is one thing that we will never share, it would be the sins that I have committed. It was I that cursed you, i am the one at fault for Hiryuu's death."  She quickly nears the exit, and I snap out of my confused trance as an odd feeling fills my chest, it hurts but ... it feels fuzzy. I quickly stumble forward despite the aching in my body begging me to stop and yell out "Thank you!" She freezes abruptly and turns around very confused. "Thank you?" She echos, I nod. A warm feeling fills my entire being as words spout from my mouth.