Home: Where The Heart Is

It was like a vexing of the soul for what they felt was not human, it was twisted and distorted but it was something strong, stronger than all but one could understand at the moment. It burned so bad like fire lacing their veins and creeping up their spines, their eyes were beginning to ache from looking at such a vibrant red but all Yona could feel was desire; a deep insatiable desire to hate. It seemed that at that singular moment in time, she was intoxicated with an emotion that she had no intention of ever feeling prior to that night. 

There was something residing within her, something she couldn't explain, waiting to be spat out of her mouth in foul and vulgar words that she would no doubt be stared at for saying, but she couldn't bring herself to become one with the sirens call of hatred and she didn't know why. 'So hot ... It's like fire. I can't look away.' The beautiful soft violet eyes of the princess her had come to adore so much were gone, in their stead were orbs were a violet flame ablaze with rage. The flame has no warmth, no pity, no mind, yet it consumes whatever it pleases. 

It's only criteria is if it can take it and reduce it to ash or something molten and foul, then it will. The flames burn hot, short and violent, with no care what will be left behind. So when Kan Tae-Jun stared into that flame in her eyes it wasn't fire he saw, but rather it was a hot tear-drop dancing a crimson hue in the soft sunlight as it taunted him with how it burned him so unexpectedly. 'Has the princess always made these expressions?'  There was a tension in the air, similar to that of a wildfire. It seemed to paralyze people like they were fearful of getting burned by such an unknown power.

The princess' face was stern and harsh, no longer there was the one he could push to his whim or be saved by The Thunder Beast. No, in the place of such a child now resided the true essence of what a royal should be, commanding, authoritative and having such a look that it left no room for questions. Kan Tae-Jun stood fearful of the female before him as she gazed upon him in such a way, though a small part of him was concerned. Had the Kings death by Soo-Won's hand really affected her so much that it had forced such a change upon her mind? Tae-Jun didn't know, and with such a look directed at him, he wasn't sure that he wanted to know.

The voice of Son Hak cut through the thick atmosphere as he yelled out to her, "You idiot!" Hak's voice broke the princess from her stupor and made her flinch as she realized where exactly it was that she stood, a battlefield, and one where the life of the only person she could trust as of that moment could die there. However, the voice of the former Wind Tribe General also caught the attention of the young Lord Kan Tae-Jun, with a quick glance he looked down to see both Son Hak and the unknown figure were still fighting below them.

Son Hak was beginning to falter, as the poison from the arrow took a harsher effect on him. He swung his weapon around as best her could but it was sloppy and desperate, he could barely see straight and attacked all the blurry figures that he could as to keep himself alive, which was needed for him to protect his princess. The unknown figure was faring no better that Hak, she could feel the shortage of breath; the first sign. She's breathing but the air just won't go in, like her lungs are surrounded by metal bands restricting her lungs from taking in the necessary oxygen. 

Next comes her rising panic, she can't breathe, she can't breathe, she can't breathe. The dizzy feeling and the need to get low to the ground, she's panicking but she can't show it, if she does then they'll take the opportunity and kill her. She can't die yet, she still has to see them, Ik-Soo, the one who swore to her Mother to take her in as her Father the day that they got married. Or rather the day Yoon and herself married the two. She still had to see him, Yoon, the one who she so adored. The one who she promised to see each other again, she finally had the chance to see them and make good on her promise, she had to, she had to, she had to. Her mind blanked as she entered a semi-conscious state, a single thought in her mind, 'I will do whatever it takes to get back to them.'