The Middle of a Massacre: The Savior From the Shadows

For a moment there was stillness on both sides. I could feel the tension in the air as it took the place of the oxygen, making it difficult to breath, especially for the redhead who clutched at her chest, her mouth agape in a silent scream of pure terror. If hatred was visible, the air would have been scarlet with emotion. Then suddenly movement, so much force in every blow. Soldiers rained blows onto the blue eyed male as if they meant to smash him into the very earth and he did them the same courtesy.

Each didn't just want the other dead, they wanted him smashed, obliterated, with nothing left to bury. Screams broke out cutting the deafening silence that wafted over our minds. The men rushed forward, following the orders they were given like the mindless puppets they were trained to be. Swords clashed. Arrows were fired. More shouting. More screaming. More running. The attack was fierce, efficient and deadly. But the blue eyed male was even more so.

Faceless soldiers charged from around the corner to where the pair was, the male standing guard over the female as she took a shaky step back from the charging hoard. The male grinned sadistically and his eyes narrowed as he scanned the soldiers for the outlier, the most dangerous person in the area that may want him and his princess dead. Well, he wouldn't find me among the common soldiers, no, I was at the edges of the stone pillars taking out the archers one by one.

I chanced a glance down at the battle field to see the make had unraveled the white cloth that hid his weapons blade that was held by a black strip of cloth. I recognized it as the Chinese glaive-like weapon called the Guandao pole arm, or as it's more often referred to as the Hsu-Quandao. I had always preferred my scythe to the Hsu-Quandao, though I wouldn't be too helpless if said weapon was all I was given to defend myself with. In one swift and strong move Hak runs his blade through the oncoming soldiers, taking down about 3 or 4 in one swing.

"He truly is a Thunder Beast..." one of the soldiers murmurs as they bask in awe of the warrior before them, the Princess herself seems surprised at the strength her bodyguard possesses. I roll my eyes and take a moment to clutch the Kings necklace that lies around my neck, as any worthwhile father would put their daughter in the hands of someone who they did not fully believe could protect them with everything they had.

'Did she seriously think that he was a General for nothing? Or was she just too caught up in her crush to even think about looking at anyone else' I think to myself incredulously, I push down my annoyance and focus on taking out the archers as I get closer to Hak and the redhead. The battle continues as I slowly take out an archer and lay their unconscious bodies on the ground, they'll be out for a couple hours but i will not kill unless I absolutely have to or there is no other choice.

-3rd POV-

'Su-won once said Hak's techniques are like lightning.' Yona thinks to herself as she remembers her cousins words, from before the tragedy had occurred. "If we fought in earnest, I'm sure he would destroy me." Soo-Won had said to her, she gets a troubled look on her face and a bead of sweat runs down the side of her face 'Even in these moments, I still remember your face so naturally.' Yona is snapped out of her stupor as she hears a voice yell out "Attack!" More soldiers slide bravely down the mountains at the words of their lord, to face the former General of the Wind Tribe, Son Hak, The Thunder Beast of Kouka.

In one swift and near impossible to see move, Hak strikes twice moving his blade back and forth across the air as he slices down 4 soldiers, his duty is to protect his princess. As long as he does that, he can continue to stand proud. About 6 more wounded soldiers fly through the air, away from the beast before them, bleeding profusely. Hak takes on a strong and confident stance as he points his blade to the ground in front of him in a challenging manner, ready to take on any amount of soldiers Kan Tae-Jun has at his disposal to protect his princess.