The Beginning of a Battle: The Kuroryuu and The Thunder Beast

The brilliant sunlight shines amidst the infinite hues of blue, spotted with a white color that decorates the ever changing sky, the clouds ruffling as if it were a divine cloth given to the heavens by the gods themselves. The noble walls of the area carved by nature, fringed by the emerald green plant-life. In a sea of stones, pillars of rock stand tall and proud from the ground. The ledges of the stone are decorated with green leaves, clinging bushes and vines. Amidst the desolate area are two figures, one, a female, dressed in a light blue cloth held together by a lilac obi around her slender waist sits upon a small plateau to rest her feet, this is the runaway Princess Yona.

The second, this time a male, dressed in colors similar to that of the sky above him, black-ish blue ribbons which presumably are there to keep the cloth from getting in his way, this is the Thunder Beast of Kouka, Son Hak. The female stands at a diminutive 5'1" and when compared to her companion who stands at a towering 6"2', she appears even more small. A single vulture flies overhead, it's foreboding nature not sensed by the pair below it, after all a vulture can represent a warning sign of peril, often considered to be rulers of death.

The girl of short stature turns to the tall male "Do you see anything?" she asks inquisitively, to which the male responds with a bored "No." The male covers his eyes with his hand, squinting his eyes as he surveys the area. "How does the old man expect us to find someone, when we don't know where he is?" The male relives a memory of the older male that he considers as his adoptive grandfather, wary of the words the former General and now Elder of the Wind Tribe had spoken to him. An unnerving feeling settling in the pit of his stomach.

"A priest?" Hak questions both confused and incredulous. "Yes." Mun-Deok replies wisely to his adoptive grandson, the elder male goes on to elaborate his point, "Since ancient times, a priest who has seen the Kingdom of Kouka's future has been said to live somewhere within the Wind Tribe's territory. If you are unsure what to do next, you should seek out the priest. I am sure the priest will show you the way." Hak nods, though still unbelieving but takes the elders words to heart.

However, as Hak and Yona turn to leave Son Mun-Deok stops them, and holds out a small leather pouch. "Should you find a tall young woman with ebony hair, ivory skin and red eyes, give this to her would you?" The elder requests as he hands it to Yona, not exactly trusting Hak to keep the fragile contents of the bag from getting ruined. "Why should we old man?" Hak questions suspiciously, glancing back and forth between the small bag and his grandfather.

Unsurprisingly, Mun-Deok smack Hak upside the head with a "How many times have I told you to call me Grandpa?" The elder asks rhetorically, Hak moves away from his grandfather and glares at him from behind the princess. Nevertheless, Mun-Deok answers Hak's question with the short version of what had happened. As told by Mun-Deok, the young woman he had described saved Tae-Yeon from a wild boar attack while Tae-Yeon had wandered off when he was unsupervised.

The female brought the child back to the Wind Tribe, on the way the two bonding with one another, and after a misunderstanding where the sickly boys injuries were blamed on the female, which was cleared up when Tae-Yeon told the Tribe that it was in fact the female holding him who had saved him from the territorial pack of wild boar. The female stayed for a short period of time and helped out around the Wind Tribe and slowly bonding with a couple people here and there, mostly young children.

Mun-Deok mentions that the female had an affinity to calm and take care of very young children and was more awkward toward those her age and those she couldn't consider children. The Elder explains that Tae-Yeon had made small pieces of origami for the female that had saved him, which he motions towards the bag that the redhead holds. Hak looks at his grandfather figure and asks "What's her name?" A simple question really, to which Mun-Deok looks off to the side and mumbles about how he didn't get the chance to ask for her name because of how much work she insisted on doing, so he referred to her as "Akame" meaning "red eyed".