Chapter 29

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

Chapter 29

Our day was sadly uneventful after that. I hadn’t figured it would be this hard to fix things, but of course, life wasn’t about to make this easy for us. We had a pretty good idea why Serena, Lisette and I switched; the only problem, and it was a honker, was that we didn’t know what to do about it.

“This sucks balls,” Serena complained as she sat up until she was propped up on her elbows on Jasmine’s bed. We had decided to go to Jasmine’s house this time, since Serena started feeling depressed and nostalgic being back in her real house for so long. I had felt the same way when I had entered my real house for the first time in a while, so I knew how she felt. I wasn’t about to make her go through that.

“I know,” I agreed, frowning widely. “We’ll pick up on this tomorrow. Why don’t we just chill now? This is just making me sad.”

“Shay’s got a point.” Maddie nodded her head fervently. “Let’s have a super-sleepover!”

Jasmine grinned widely, and her smile is so contagious, soon even Serena and I were grinning. “I’m all for the idea!” Jasmine exclaimed.

“Let’s play Truth or Dare!” Maddie suggested immediately, and I rolled my eyes. Not a single sleepover with Maddie has passed by where we don’t play that game. I didn’t mind, of course. It’s such an awesome game, that doesn’t even matter!

“I wanna go first!” I shrieked before anyone else had the chance.

Jasmine gave me a glare; she obviously had been about to ask, but I beat her to it. Oh, well.

“Jasmine,” I began, facing Jasmine with a smirk. “Truth or dare?”

“Damn it,” she cursed, shaking her head. “Um… truth!”

“You’re such a wimp,” Maddie complained loudly.

I snorted but Jasmine, of course, glared.

“Is it true that… you are desperate for a boyfriend?” I finally asked after a lot of thought.

“Oh, come on, Shay, you already know I am!” Jasmine sighed longingly, most likely envisioning herself with a hot boyfriend. I’m just hoping that ‘hot boyfriend’ wasn’t my brother in her fantasy. That is still just gross to me. I know my brother may look buff and all, but underneath all of that muscle is a whole lot of ugly. But then again, I’m his sister; I’m supposed to think he’s ugly.

Maddie snorted and started laughing, but was silenced when Jasmine turned to her with a smirk and said, “Truth or dare.”

"Aw, poo. I should know by now not to do that.” Maddie frowned and sighed. “Okay, I guess… truth.”

“Now you’re the wimp!” I accused, pointing my finger at her.

“Well, it’s Jasmine doing the asking!” she defended, “you never know what she’ll ask! It’s usually something bad or embarrassing or both!”

I rolled my eyes but let it slide.

“Maddie, is it true that you and Paul have made it past third base?” Jasmine questioned, and then added, “Wait, third base is sex, right? Or is that a home run?”

“It’s a home run when you go all the way,” I stated, and Serena nodded in agreement. “Third base is just like… well, it’s where you’re doing everything but going all the way. Everything.”