Chapter 24

A/N: I know, I know. I suck. I suck more than sucking. I can't even think of a good enough adjective to describe how much I suck, and I'm a writer! I'm trying! Please, bear with me here!

But mostly, enjoy the chapter!

***

 3 Quotes of the Day:

 1: "AHHHH!!!! i Can't believe you uploaded! seriously, i saw this, screamed, made my dad run in my room yelling, "WHAT HAPPENED!!", I knew Westley did it! mmmhhmmm. i'm a smart cookie (you know the Pillsbury frozen ones with reindeer, during December? ya those) I find it sad that she has to live as Serena, but that's life. ho hum. when's the next upload?

~Ruby The Crazy Purple Banana Monkey"- Ruby_theCrazy

[Hah! Your poor dad :D]

2: "HAHA!

Love always triumphs over evil, remember that ladies." -JustGrace

[It's an actual quote! One that I think I'll take to heart.]

3: "AHHHHH!!!! I saw that u uploaded and I was excited! Anywayz I love shays atitude and everytime she had one I would say it out loud and my sister was like What. The. Freak. Are. You. Doing? And I'll be like "Uhhh. Nutin" (likeon mad tv those girls Lena and...idk I forgot her name) and then she walks away slowly..... Ooooo.... And at the good parts my kitten would be attacking my finger and I'll be like "OMFG, MIDNIGHT!! QUIT ATTACKING MY FREAKING FINGER, YOU CAT. CAN'T YOU SEE IM TRYING TO READ THIS THING?????" and then she still attacks it... I love her but she gets annoying. Like my sister. And my mom. And my dad. And my best friends. Well hopefully get it.. Alot of ppl annoy me..............AHHH. Upload soon because your bed's life depends on it...lol...Ok. Seriously. Upload.....well I gtg....."Midnight? Midnight, where did you go? I'm sorry I yelled at you. Please. Love me...." :D" -Don'tForgetToCatchMe

*** 

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

Chapter 24

It was the first time I’d gotten a real good look at Forrest in a while. I had always looked away quickly, never daring to stare him right in the eye. I knew that my walls would come falling down the second I did, and that was the part that scared me.

But it was too late to worry about that. I knew that because of that, this little encounter between us would surely end just like old times, with me stealing something of his, as I had before.

His lips upturned into a grateful, appreciative smile. I couldn’t help but smile back, although mine was much more tentative. I was scared if I showed too much emotion, it would come back and bite me in the butt later on.

All around us, people were going berserk over Westley’s confession, despite the fact that the judge was erratically banging on his gavel, growing more and more impatient by the second, shouting, “Order in the court! Order in the court! Quit biting him, Miss!”

But I was barely aware of them. Even with the chaos surrounding us, it felt as if time had stopped, and it was just the two of us standing there. The feeling was surreal. I felt like the world was trapped in slow motion, and we were the only ones who were still living in reality. Or maybe this was all a dream. I wouldn’t have been surprised. I had had dreams of this very moment before, believe it or not. Okay, fine, it was very easy to believe.

“I… I did, didn’t I?” I finally managed to choke out those four little words, or five, if you counted my foolish stutter. I didn’t get why I was suddenly nervous around him. I had never been nervous around him. But I suppose I understood why. I was scared. I was scared that I would act on my feelings. That was something that I had done a good job of avoiding thus far, and the thought that all of those efforts would be futile frightened me.