Chapter 3

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles. 

Chapter 3

After I stormed away, Jasmine suddenly remembered that I still owed her an explanation over the whole trespassing and milk theft ordeal from the night before. Our trip to the mall was cut short, and I found myself sulking, sitting on my pink comforter as Jasmine started interrogating me, with backup from Ceci (thanks a lot, kid). "What on earth were you thinking?"

I shrugged. "Which time are we talking about, again?"

Truthfully, there were so many occasions that I could possibly be being interrogated for, that I felt I had the need to ask. I didn't want to accidentally blurt out a confession for a crime I was in the clear for, after all.

"Oh, gee, I dunno. Maybe it was the one where you rang the doorbell of my hot neighbors, while we were dressed in our Halloween costumes trick or treating like a bunch of five-year-olds, after we told you not to, greeting the hottest one of all with 'Whassup, yo?', laughing at me when I flirted, making it obvious that I was into him-not in the good way, either-laughing so hysterically that you couldn't talk, or when you did talk, it sounded ridiculous, so you stormed into his house, stole his milk, chugged half of it, and when he stared at you, wanting an explanation for your erratic behavior, you asked him if he had any Nesquik, then left, leaving the three of us to explain your erratic behavior."

That last part I didn't know about. "You guys had to stay and explain?" I laughed. "How'd that go?"

Jasmine, Maddie and Ceci scowled at me. Jasmine continued. "It went lousy! He looked like he either wanted to run out of the room and turn you into the police, or crack up and keep you as his personal entertainer. He just stood there, waiting for an explanation, and we had to give one to him. We told him that you were hyped up on candy, when you hadn't had a single piece that night. We weren't about to tell him that that was your normal behavior, after all. So we said that you weren't responsible for your actions, because when you were hyper, you acted like you were drunk, and had no self-control. And yes, I know that's not true, but it was better than the truth, yeah, I was really gonna say, 'That? Oh, that's nothing. That's just everyday Shay for you. You should see her during the summer.' That would have been, like, a death penalty for us all."

Jasmine is a bit of a drama queen. "It would not have been a death penalty."

"Alright, maybe not that bad," Jasmine said after a moment of hesitation. "But it still would've been really embarrassing. Way more embarrassing than it already was." She looked mad, and it made me wonder. "How come you guys are the ones who are embarrassed, huh?"

"Because you humiliated us with your insane behavior?" Ceci questioned.

"If I remember correctly," I said, growing a bit angry, "you guys weren't the ones who barged into a cute guy's house, stole his milk, asked for Nesquik, and then barged out, all on impulse. You guys weren't the ones who had to face up to him the next day, meeting him in a chance encounter at the mall where he recognized you, thanks to SOMEONE, actually, because he was kinda stupid, and wouldn't have figured it out, but he did, because of SOMEONE. You guys weren't the ones who reached out behind him, touched his BUTT while grabbing his wallet out of his back pocket, stole his money and a Band-Aid, put said Band-Aid on, and walked away, leaving him wanting another explanation, both times during that same twenty-four hours, now were you?"

What is their problem, anyways? Okay, I know I'm not the most appealing friend, because I don't try to be the It-Girl, like so many other girls do. I'm perfectly fine with being plain-old Shay, or, That-Weird-and-Crazy-But-Funny-Girl-with-the-Short-Brown-Hair. But this is more of my problem than theirs, and I actually don't even consider it a problem.