Chapter 5

They Say Love Hides Behind Every Corner. I Must Be Walking in Circles

 Chapter 5

The waiter came back out, and tried to stop the fight, whispering things in Westley’s ear. I didn’t want to know what the waiter was saying, considering the way they were flirting right in front of me just a few minutes ago. 

Westley shook his head angrily. “No, it’s time someone teaches this douche a lesson.” 

And again, he seemed to be unable to come up with a different insult than “douche”. 

Forrest just snorted. “I’d like to see you try.” 

I half-wanted to see Westley try to beat Forrest up, and I half-didn’t. It would be entertaining, definitely, but I didn’t want Westley to get his face pounded in, either. I might not like him that way, but he was still a pretty nice guy, overall. Also, I wasn’t that evil, as to wish a black eye and a broken nose upon someone. 

“Um, guys, I don’t think this is the best idea,” I said, in an attempt to stop this fight from happening. “I mean, it’s not that big a deal. Cool it.” 

“No, I think it is a big deal.” Westley gave Forrest a death glare. “This’s been going on far too long.” 

I was starting to get the idea. Forrest, obviously, had always been The “It” Boy, who ruled the school, most likely, or was at least A-List, and Westley was one of the B-List, or even worse, the C-List. I wouldn’t be surprised, honestly. 

“C’mon, guys,” I insisted. “Be reasonable. This is stupid.” 

“Hey.” Forrest held up a hand, signaling for me to shut up. “I’m not the one throwing a sissy fit. I’m just going along with it.” 

It was true, I suppose. “Okay, fine.” I sighed. “Westley, please, stop it. He’s not worth it.”

Forrest frowned, but I just shrugged. If it would get Westley to leave Forrest alone, all was fair.

“Only if you agree to be my girlfriend, exclusively,” Westley finally said after a few seconds of silence. 

I thought I had already agreed to that? 

I just shrugged, and said, “Alright, fine.” I thought I was the one winning, after all, as I had already agreed to this. 

Westley beamed at me, and I breathed a sigh of relief. “Let’s just go…” I muttered, grabbing my bag and getting up. 

Westley made his way to the door, and as I passed Forrest, he said to me, “I just wanted to say, you look really, really good tonight.” 

“Whatever it is,” I said with a sigh, “forget about it.” 

And with that, I walked out. The last two times a guy told me that, he tried to get me in bed, (loser from the past) and the second time, he eyed me, clearly wanting to have that intention (Westley right before our date). I wasn’t about to let a third guy have that chance.

But instinctively, I turned back, and stole the caramel latte he’d just ordered. “I forgot this,” I told him, and then left, for good that time. 

I heard him chuckle just before I left. 

 ()*()

I ended up staying with Westley after all. Today would be close to our two-month anniversary. I think. I don’t even remember. That shows how much I cared. 

“Omigod, I can’t believe we have less than a week left to plan this thing!” Maddie whined.

 She was referring to our Sweet Sixteen party. We were sprawled out on my living room floor, looking through papers, making invitations, making phone calls, and ordering people around at that moment. It wasn’t exactly what I would call my idea of fun.