chp22 tackling the danger

Tackling the danger.

Deep breaths....breathe in breathe out....I was trying to calm myself.

Andrew had gotten out of the car as soon as he had ordered me to stay put in the car and so I hadnt gotten an opportunity to actually ask him what was going on?

My wolf, my instincts, my intution, all were warning me that this had to be something ominous was about to happen.

Andrew had already shifted to his wolf form.It was dark outside.I could only see outline of the wolves which I presummed to be Alex, Nathan and Marcus.

Loud growls echoed through the forest making it clear that the trouble was nearing us.

Like a flash a huge wolf jumped through the woods causing Andrew and others to tense up.They launched them towards the newcomers and suddenly all i could see was swift movements of the wolves.

My wolf was begging me to let her out and let her help Andrew.But I knew for once listening to Andrew wasnt a bad idea since i didnt know anything about fighting and me going in there would only distract the boys since they did try to protect me.The enemies were five and We were only four so that was a disadvantage but the fifth wolf looked more like their chief since he was only standing and observing.

A loud howl pulled me away from the fight it was difficult to figure out which direction the howl came from due to the darkness but I noticed all the wolves had turned their heads in one direction I too turned to look that way.One of our wolves had been bitten and blood was oozing out of his limb.At the sight of this the chief wolf launched himself towards the injured wolf. This was probably their strategy to injure a wolf and then to attack him with two wolves. The others couldnt come to his rescue since they were busy fighting their opponents.

I knew I was the only one that could help him I moved towards the drivers seat and tried staring the car but Andrew had seemed to have taken out the keys so running a car over the wolf was out of option.The only option left was to get out so my all too eager wolf transformed and got out of the car.The car was parked at a distance from the fighting scene so the wolves hadnt yet noticed my presence which gave me an advantage.

I knocked the wolf who was attacking the injured wolf.I had attacked from behind so he didnt see me coming but while jumping on him I took had lost balance and skided through the ground scratching myself in the process.

Before I could get up two wolves from our side were hovering above me, one of them was Andrew.Before I could figure out what was happening the other wolf nugded me towards the car when I didnt move he literally pulled me by my tail which was seriously annnoying but before I could protest the enemies started launching towards our direction, Andrew and the other wolf started to hold them off while this wolf pushed me towards the other side.I took a quick glance at the surroundings two of the enemy wolves were lying still on the ground the remaining three were trying to get towards our side but were holded off by Andrew and the other wolf.

I obeyed and started running towards the other side after reaching a safe distance the grey wolf whose colour was now visible due to the street light stopped me and went towards the bushes.I waited for him to return but the four legged grey wolf was now replaced by two two legged humans one of them was Alex,the other was Zubin who had bought clothes for us.As soon as i got changed and came out of the bushes.I was greeted by an angry looking Alex.

"What were you thinking?Why did you come out of the car? you just expose yourself to the rogues you know what you had done?You showed them our weakness?"He barked.

"Instead of thanking me for saving your friend's life;you are blaming me for this! talk about ungratefulness."I snapped.

"Nathan's injury is just a sratch by now,but your heroic stunt just made it easier to break our pack,"Alex commented.