Chapter Twenty-Three* - Friendly Enemies

At this point in time, I would like to do a recap of my life. I am a seventeen year old girl. I am a good girl. I'm a virgin. The only reason I was in the principal's office was to discuss scholarships, or if I was lucky, I came to collect an award. It was something I took pride in.

This, on the other hand, was not something I took any pride in. Nope! None at all.

"You must be Mr. Bentley." Principal Elliot said, as Reese entered her office. He walked up to her and shook her hand.

"Actually," He corrected. "It's Reese Collins. You can just call me Reese, Principal Eliot." He shot her a charming smile and a blush crept up her cheek. I didn't blame her. I would also find Reese attractive if he wasn't my brother...and if I didn't already have Ian, too, of course.

Actually, just because I'm in a relationship with my soul mate, was it wrong to check out other males other than my brother? I'll need to ask Ian that one sometime. I knew it would make him jealous and I have a confession. I loved it when Ian got jealous.

"Alright, then. You may call me Sophie." She smiled back at him. I took a double take. Was Reese flirting with my principal?

"So, Sophie," Reese said. "Why have I been called here? I mean, I know Eira's mother is out of town right now, but why did you call me?"

"Uh, right." She said, pushing the frame of her glasses up her nose. "You see, I've received a complaint that your younger sister was engaging in sexual activity inside the janitor's closet with another male by the name of Caspian Cavanaugh, Reese."

My cheeks reddened, and I was suddenly very thankful that Ian wasn't inside to hear this. I could imagine him giving me a cocky grin or a smirk. How could she say that so easily? And why did she say it like that?

"What?" Reese asked, looking at Ms. Elliot. He glanced at me, giving me an alarmed look that said how are you going to talk yourself of this one?

"Miss Bentley was found on top of a half naked male in a closet, Reese." Sophie repeated, unable to meet my brother's eyes. Reese's head snapped towards her before he sighed.

"I don't believe this, Sophie." He said, reaching out and taking Ms. Elliot's hand. "This sounds nothing like Eira. I am positive she could never do this, especially at school. She knows her boundaries."

"I'm sorry, Reese, but I have to trust what my staff tells me." Sophie said, raising her head to look at Reese again.

"So, you're saying that you didn't actually see this happen?" Reese asked all of the sudden. Ms. Elliot's eyes widened.

"W-what?" She asked, actually stuttering.

"Did you actually see Eira with your own eyes? Yes or no?" Reese asked again.

"Well, no, but I was told—"

"I can't believe this!" Reese said, jumping to his feet. "I thought you were a more intelligent and understanding woman, Sophie!"

"I'm just doing my job!" She snapped back at him, actually sounding kind of flustered.

"Is it your job to accuse innocent people of such activities?" Reese asked her, very seriously. I think Ms. Elliot was actually starting to sweat. "Do you have any idea how much trouble Eira can get into for this? It will affect her future."

"The janitor came to me, himself, and reported this. I have to take action." Sophie argued back. I have to admit, she was strong. The way Reese was grilling her, she was a tough one.

"Well then! I demand to speak to this janitor." Reese said, taking his seat again. He stared at Ms. Elliot. She clenched her jaw before slamming her fist on her desk.