Chapter Thirty-Three - The Big Night

Chapter Thirty-Three – The Big Night

Callie decided that we were all going to get ready at the Cavanaugh mansion. She'd managed to get a hold of a few girls, including Talia, and brought them all over to her house. Needless to say, they were the equivalent of star struck.

"Can I, like, marry you?" Talia asked, admiring the house. "I'll marry you. I'll be lesbian forever. Just let me live here."

"You might be, but I'm not. I'm already taken. I don't think Jonah would like to share." Callie smiled back at her.

There were a few more girls: Cassandra and Claire. They were the girls who were always hovering around Talia. I'd never really gotten a chance to learn their names before. They were equally awestruck.

"I never knew there was a place like this around here.' Claire commented, appreciatively looking around. "It's weird. It's like this place just popped up out of nowhere."

"We've always been a little reclusive." Callie explained. "My dad doesn't really like getting social. We have our own little community here."

"Like a cult?" Cassandra asked, wide-eyed.

Callie wasn't amused. "No. A small community of our own. It's really selective."

"Okay, why don't we start getting ready?" I unzipped my dress. "Isn't it amazing? It's almost just exactly the color of Ian's eyes." I said, smiling at all of them.

"You know what's really weird, though?" Talia spoke up. "Sometimes, I feel like your boyfriend's eye color changes."

"It's just a little different in different lighting." I quickly explained. I hoped it wasn't too obvious that my boyfriend's eye color changes when he gets angry or horny.

Talia nodded, thankfully not delving too much into the topic. "You've been together for a couple weeks now, haven't you?"

"Almost a month." Callie piped up.

"It's almost our one month anniversary soon." I said, deciding not to mention how twisted our relationship was. It went by the moon cycle rather than the normal calendar.

Talia nodded, thoughtfully. "So, it's a big night, tonight."

"You could say so." I said, not sure as to where Talia was going with this. It was too close to the truth.

"Are you planning something big?"

"What do you mean?" I asked her. I was planning on becoming a werewolf, but I doubted that Talia was interested in knowing about that.

"Are you going to, you know, do it?" Talia stared at me, and I wondered when she was going to blink. Her eyes were side open and she looked genuinely curious. My eyes widened and I looked at Callie, hoping that she would interrupt and declare that she didn't want to hear about her brother's love life, as she'd done before, but the girl remained silent. In fact, she seemed to be enjoying my situation and was waiting for me to get myself out of it.

"Um, we've already done it." I said, opting to go with the truth. There was nothing more believable than the truth, right? Apparently, that wasn't the right answer because suddenly, I was surrounded by chaos.

"No way!" Talia exclaimed. "Don't tell me you've slept with Ian Cavanaugh. Half the school wants to sleep with him! How was it?"

"No, is he good? I bet he is." Claire piped up. Cassandra was just listening intently and Callie decided she's apparently had enough.

"We don't have time to get ready girls, so start getting dressed. And I so do NOT want to listen to you guys about how my brother is in bed, when the answer isn't going to get any of us in bed with him, too. Why worry about what you can't have? Ian loves Eira. She's a lucky girl." Callie got a hopeful look on her face. Well, it wasn't exactly hopeful, I mean it was, but it also held desire in it, like she wanted something she couldn't have.