Chapter Twenty-Five - Things That Come With Dating

*unedited*

"I like the blue one." I said, pointing to the dress Callie held in her left hand. She glanced down at it, frowning at me.

"This one?" She asked, doubtful. "It's too...glittery."

"Exactly." I assured her. "It goes with your personality and matches with your eyes." She held the dress in front of her as she examined herself in the reflection. 

"I guess I can see where you're coming from." She finally admitted. "But it's not working for me. Neither of them is working. Are you sure you don't want to look for a dress for you?" I gave her a look.

"You know exactly why I'm waiting. I've been waiting ever since they put up fliers for the dance for Ian to ask me but that lazy brother of yours hasn't made his move yet. I refuse to buy a dress until he asks me to go to the dance with him. Not only that, he's been spending way too much time at your place. What does your dad want with him all of the sudden?" I asked her, curious. I'd asked this to Ian countless times, but he told me he couldn't tell me because they were private pack matters and he couldn't tell me since I wasn't a part of his pack, even though I was his mate.

"Even I don't know." Callie confessed and she got a restless look in her eyes. That was when I knew she was just as anxious about not knowing as I was. "I think it has something to do with pack security but they're not telling anyone because they don't want the pack to worry." Then, she scoffed. "Ian thinks if he tells me, I'll blurt it out to everyone. Can you believe that?" 

Actually, I kind of had to agree with Ian on that one. I decided to change the topic and avoid the question. "Why won't he tell me, though? I'm his mate." I pouted, like an unhappy child.

"You're not a werewolf yet, and you're not his Luna. You're starting to worry him. He's starting to think that you don't want to be his Luna." She told me, with a smug look on her face. "I told him he didn't need to worry."

 "After everything that's happened, I'm really starting to consider it, but I'm not sure if your dad will be okay with it. What if he comes after me with a steak knife or something?" Though I rarely admitted it, Ian's dad did scare me to death. 

It had been a week after my date with Ian. It had been exactly ten days since I found out Reese was a werewolf, too. I'd gone straight home and confronted him about it.

"I know what you are." I told him, glaring at him. Reese gave me a curious look.

"Are you okay? You look like you're ready to bite my head off or something." He said, before redirecting his attention to the football game on the television.

"Hell no!" I marched over and stood right in front of the television, blocking his view. Reese glared at me in protest. "You didn't tell me you were a werewolf. Why not?" 

The shocked look on Reese's face was hilarious, but I was too angry to really care about it. I was sick and tired of all these secrets. Did my mom think I was too weak to handle these things? That I was helpless and I'd fall apart? "What are you talking about?" He finally let out a nervous chuckle. "Are you drunk, or something?" 

"I'm not drunk, Reese. You're a werewolf. I know the truth. Ian told me everything." Well, that was a bluff. All Ian had told me was that Reese was a werewolf and I demanded for him to take me home instantly. I needed to have a talk with my brother. 

"Your boyfriend?" Understanding crossed his features. "Ah, so you know. He's a dog, too, just so you know, but...you probably already knew that. Well, this wasn't something I expected you to believe. You don't seem like the kind of person to believe in myths."