Chapter 23

America walked back and picked England up off the ground hositing him back onto his back. England was unconscious, America felt everything falling around him. Most of his pack was dead save for his mate. How were they going to survive? He didnt know if they'd make it, they would have to join up with another pack.

The axis were on the path toward where the herds were now coming back, Germany lead them up and down hills and through the complicated maze of walk ways. Eventually they heard a call of distress and Germany ran over to see what was happening. There was a wolf standing over thier injured mate as yet another hunter had made his way into the forest.

Germany tackled the man from behind, sending him to the ground and killing him quickly. He looked up at the two, "Austria? Hungary?" He asked, he hadn't seen the two wolves in a long time. They had gotten seperated from each other last year. Austria nodded, he was standing over Hungary who seemed to have gotten her leg caught in a human trap. "Germany it is good to see you." He said.

Germany walked over and helped Austria with the trap freeing Hungary. The injured cream colored wolf stood, the pressure of her back right leg, "Thank you Germany." She said, Austria nuzzled her gently happy that she was alright. Germany lead the two back to the pack, Hungary laid down to rest her injured leg while Italy talked to her.

Austria was sitting with Germany talking to him, "Where is Prussia?" He asked looking at the other and Germany looked down, "Oh Germany I am so sorry..." Austria said looking at him. "We'll all miss him." He said and Germany nodded, he turned his attention back to where Italy was, "You know he is all I am living for right now.... he is my day and night.... what I will risk my life for." Germany said and Austria nodded,

"Let's hope you'll never have to risk your life....."