Chapter 13

"Great just great." Finland growled in frustration lashing his tail back and forth in aggrivation, "We can't just leave him alone like that, you agree right Sve?" Sweden sighed, "We don't have a choice, unless we want to fight him and try and snap him out of it." "It is worth a try." Iceland said walking behind them.

"Tonight we go back then, he might be cooled down by then." Sweden said, "Though I will fight him, it isnt fair to have three against one." He said. The three remaining Nordics stayed outside until night fell when the went back to the cave. When they returned they were greeted with a sad sight.

Denmark was laying on the floor of the cave blood streaming from his previously injured eye a wide maniacal grin stretched across his face, he was laughing with his head hung down as the blood continued to drip onto the floor. "Blood blood runs red... my mate is long dead.... he will never come back.... I want to die of a heart attack." He sung in a low and minor tone.

Finland frowned slolwy approaching the other and sitting next to him, he nuzzled into the other causing Denmark to freeze at the touch, "Den come back to us... please." Finland said whimpering. Sweden was standing by just in case the other tried to pull something.

Denmark moved and nuzzled Finland back, starting to calm down, "Finland he's gone!" He said wailing in a howl. "I know... I know." Finland said trying to soothe the other, "We all miss him but we have to stay strong..." He said looking at him and Denmark nodded.

Iceland and Sweden walked a bit closer once Denmark had settled down the three of them surrounding him for support which seemed to help him a lot. "I'll miss, and never forget him..." He said. They laid down together and fell asleep each pressed closed to each other.

When they awoke in the morning they set out to try and find more food, "What's that sound?" Denmark raised his head to the sound of ice cracking, "The lake seems to be thawing." Iceland said seeing fresh water run down the river that was once frozen over. They saw something down the river bank that caught on the edge of the river laying there, it was the bear that Norway had dragged under.

It was dead, frozen over from the water, "If it made it out of the lake then..." Iceland looked around, maybe they would find his brother. Though the wolf had probably frozen to death from the cold which made Iceland's heart ache with depression. "We might as well look." Sweden said and Denmark nodded as the wolves started to search the river and surrounding area.