Chapter 8

The Nordic pack awoke in the early morning, they all got up. Sweden carreid Sealand on his back as they walked they were walking along until they heard a shrill yowl and had a wolf go darting past them at lightening speeds following were four other wolves. The Nordics were confused until they saw what the wolves were running from. 

A huge stampede of caribou came thundering toward the Nordic wolves, they bolted out of the way of the oncomign herd. Once the herd had ran by they looked farther ahead to see the five other wolves panting and tired. 

Denmark was a bit angry at the fact that they had almost gotten trampled he lead the others over to the other five, "What is wrong with you?!" He growled, "You could've killed us!" 

A larger blonde wolf growled at him, "Don't blame zhis on us! It was a hunter zhat scared ze herd!" He stood up to Denmark matching his intensive glare. "Hey West knock it off! He isnt vorth your time!" An albino wolf barked standing by him. Norway stood by Denmark nipping his ear to calm the other down before a fight broke out.

They both calmed down and the pack stood facing each other, "Ve~ we did not get off on the right paw!" A light brown wolf with a curl in his hair yipped welcomingly. "We are the axis pack!" He barked and the others nodded, "The Nordic pack." Iceland barked looking at him.

"We are very honered to meet you." A pure white wolf with dark eyes bowed to them, "I am Japan, this is Germany, Prussia, Italy, and Romano." Each wolf nodded with thier respective name.

"Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sealand and Finland." Norway introduced themselves as they stood. "Ve~ you guys are probably looking for food too huh?" Italy yipped and Denmark nodded, "We are just trying to feed ourselves." 

They all nodded, "Well we wish you luck, we arn't to fond of joining packs up with other wolves." Germany barked looking at him.  "Ve~ but Germany we haven't eaten in two weeks!" Italy whimpered and whined. Norway sighed, "We are barely getting enough for ourselves, there is no way we could bring in more food." He said looking at them.

"That is fine, but at least can you guys help lead us out of this valley? We are lost...." Italy bark and whined. The Nordics nodded and began to lead them out of the valley. 

They were walking along an icy path when some of the axis started to whimper and whine, "What is wrong?" Finland asked and Japan showed the bottom of his paw ice shards off the path were sticking out of it making it bleed heavily. The Nordic wolves were more suited for the ice, thier pads were stonger and thicker. "Oh dear..." Finland said, "Alright let's rest." He said and had the axis sit down.

Finland began to work on Italy's paws picking out the glass shards, Norway worked on Japan spitting the excess blood into the snow. Denmark was the only one that could pin Germany down and take the shards out. Sweden kept smacking Prussia in head to keep him still while he removed the ice shards. Iceland quickly took the shards out of Romano's paws hearing the Italian curse and swear heatedly.

After the shards were out the Axis rested while thier paws healed. The Nordics rested as well making sure to keep watch for anything. 

Denmark thought to himself, his mind spinning, why were they helping this pack? Don't they remember what happened what happened last time? 

'Why are we helping them?......" He thought over and over.