Chapter 17

Sweden was able to pick Finland up and carry him on his back as the wolves continued upward on the mountain pass through the valley. Sealand walked right next to Sweden, not leaving his side. Denmark lead them up into one of the higher outcove caves and had them rest, "I'm going to go scout and see if any of the herds came this way... sometimes some elk come up this way as a migrating path." He said and walked out of the den.

Sweden was curled around Finland as Sealand lay on the other side of the injured wolf, Norway and Iceland frowned not knowing if the other would make it due to his wounds. They were serious and they needed to keep moving because there was hardly any food where they were at now.

Soon Denmark came back and alerted them of a large elf herd at the top of the mountain pass about to cross into the southern valley. Norway and Iceland went with him to hunt while Sweden stayed back with Finland and Sealand determined not to leave either alone.

The three Nordic wolves set out to try and bring down something, when they got to the herd they set themselves up in formation before beginning the hunt. The herd ran and the wolves gave chase each on another side of the herd as it ran widly through the melting snow. The herd thundered through the pass and as each Nordic was able to bring down an elk. The three rested as the herd settled and calmed farther down the path.

England had been running through forest, too upset to look back and listen to America who kept calling to him widly hoping to get him to stop. He eventually stopped in a clearing, the wolf whimpering as he sat down in the melting snow. America walked up to him sitting next to him, "England-" He began but was cut off, "Don't say anything I said!" He growled and barked loudly, "I hate them!" He gave a loud howl and all was silent until the thundering of hooves was heard behind them.

Alfred looked up to see an elk heard coming straight for them, it was too wide to try and run to the side so they were going to have to outrun them. Both wolves scattered, the rest of thier pack was too far behind and was caught on the outside of the stampede.

England and America ran fast through the melting snow, hoping to outrun the herd and get to a safer place. Both were shoved out of the way of the herd and into a nearby cave by another, it was Germany. The axis had been by when they herd the commotion and Italy wanted to help the others so that nothing would happen to them. Germany, now caught in the stampede ran before getting caught on something buried in the snow. He closed his eyes waiting his death when he was pushed out of the way and to the side of the thinning herd.

The mist settled to reveal a body laying motionless in the snow, hoof marks scattered around it as it lay bleeeding. Germany's eyes widened as he saw who it was,

"What have I done?"