Chapter 14

The Nordics searched every ince of the thawed river looking for some sign of thier pack member. They gave up when the couldnt find him, they had been searching for hours with no luck. Denmark sighed and walked off with the others up the path toward higher ground. With the river thawed, floods were going to be common when the spring rains came in, the wolves needed to get to higher ground.

The wolves walked up the past when they heard a shrill shriek from a wolf, crying our for help. It was only then that Finland noticed Sealand was missing, he was normally around Sweden but now the little pup was no where to be found, "Sealand!" Finland cried out running down the path and back toward the river, where every one saw the little wolf pup flailing around in the water widly. '

Finland ran up to the water's edge but it was too late and the pup went under being carried down the river by the current. Finland stood there in shock of what he just witnessed, "He's.... he's..." He said and Sweden walked up to him letting him lean on his for support, "He cant be gone!" He snapped and jumped into the river, "Fin you can't swim!" Sweden barked jumping in after him and grabbing the other by the scruff of the neck and dragging him back to shore.

"He cant be gone!" Finland wailed, shaking from the cold water. "He can't he just can't." Sweden nuzzled him bringing him close to him and trying to warm him up. Finland whimpered and cried into him his sobs shaking his body. Denmark and Iceland walked over with frowns on thier face, two now, two were gone... how many more of them would suffer a horrible fate? "Finland I am so sorry." Iceland said knowing that Finland cared for Sealand like his own pup.

Finland didnt say anything, "I should have been watching him! Why?! Why does this happen?!" He screamed into Sweden's fur as the other kept him close, "This isnt fair! Isnt fair!" He wailed. Iceland looked down.

"No one ever said life was fair...."