Chapter 21

The rest of the Allies looked on in horror, "America.. what happened?" China asked as America   laid England gently down on the ground to rest., "Russia was trying to eliminate myself and England to take control of the pack. It was life or death battle and in the end he lost." He said, "We are going to need to bury the body, or well what is left of it." He said looking at the others. 

China walked over to bury the body while America tried to help England stop bleeding. China hurled into the snow at the sight of his beheaded mate. Russias's eyes were wide open, dull but still showing fear. The flesh had been jaggedly cut and was laying either direction toward the base of the severed head. The body was sprawled awkwardly in the snow, the back looking to have dislocated on the fall.

China stood shaking on his feet, he had never guessed that America was capable of such a feat, much less look indifferent about this. He quickly started digging into the earth to make a whole big enough to lay the severed body in. He turned to the head, wanting to hurl again but forced himself to pick it up and lay it beside the body.

The wolf rejoined his group and was still shaking, America had a dangerous aura around him that reminded him of Russia. China didn't say anything due to the other's silencing glare. France had been sent off to find a resting point for the night, there was no way they could travel any further for the day. 

Back at the axis group, the remainin wolves were curled up in a clearing, all of them resting save for Italy. His tail lashed back and forth worriedly, Germany hadn't returned yet from burying his brother and he was starting to get worried. Japan lifted his head as if sensing his friend's distress, "Italy, it will be ok, Germany will come back we all know he will." Italy whimpered and wanted to go after the other but had been told to give the other space. When would Germany come back? He hoped he was alright.

At the Nordic cave, Finland was back up on his feet though he needed about a day's more rest before he was back up and traveling. Sweden got up from his resting place and walked toward the entrance of the den, he realized the cold wind wasn't stinging his muzzle anymore. Spring had finally come for the valley. Not every thing had thawed yet but they were finally out of the harsh winter that had plagued them this year. 

The herds would be migrating back into the valley now, which would increase the food supply. This was relieving to the wolf as he padded back into the den. Denmark was up as well, "Alright Nordics we need to travel along the mountain pass until we reach the moon medow, we all know the herds pass by there every year with easier hunting. It'll be about a three day journey but it will be worth it." He nodded and the rest stood. Again Sealand was hoisted onto Sweden's back to be carried.

The wolves walked down the now thawed path and went on thier way to the moon medow. They were all glad that thier starvation would be ending soon and there would be plenty of food to go around for them all. 

With the allies, they had found a cave to rest in toward the base of the mountain trail. They rested and France and China were intructed to go and hunt. America laid down by England, the wolf was not looking good at all. His wounds had barely closed and he was still weak. England raised his head weakly, "America... " America leaned down, "Shh just stay still alright? You'll be alright I promise." He said soothingly licking his wounded mates ear. England nodded and laid back down resting and letting himself heal.

France and China came back, China having a young elk in his jaws and France carrying a rabbit in his jaws. He wasn't the best hunter, China, America, and England spilt the elk while France ate the rabbit, seeing as though he was the only one that like the taste of the meat. After the meal all of them rested, when they awoke France was throwing up outside the cave. China went over to check on him, "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't know, my body just feels like it is burning." He said laying down weakly in the cave, "Maybe he is sick?" China asked and America shrugged, "New season sickness is only common in pups, I don't see anything it could be." He said. China frowned and walked over to the bones of the rabbit the wolf had eaten, he sniffed the bones and reeled back his nose stinging, "The rabbit was poisoned internally." America looked at France, the wolf laying on his side and breathing heavily. "He must be digesting the poison, it is workign its way through his system... there is no saving him." He said and China shook his head, "There must be a way to help him!" America looked at him, 

"Poison doesn't take mercy it will get worse and his death will be painful...."