God of Mischief

A/N: I just got back from a really long trip to the museum. My legs and head are killing me. What better time to write a chapter for one of our favourite stories, hm? I really need to update this more, it's not like I have anything better to do- oops. Anyway, enjoy!

Sometimes Tony wondered how he got himself into situations like this. Thor had somehow convinced the team that his brother Loki had valuable information the team needed. Tony wasn't really sure Loki had any information at all, it seemed more to him that Thor was just trying to help his brother integrate into "Midgardian" society.

Which wouldn't have been a problem. Sure, Loki was snide, arrogant and he only cared about himself. But he made the days less dull. Tony worked twice as hard to his jeers.

But the one thing he had refused to allow was the mingling of his son with the god. He maybe trying to fit in, but Tony knew deep down that he was still the cruel, unfeeling god of mischief he'd always been. So allowing Peter to be around someone like that, after he'd already spent his whole life surrounded by people of that nature?

Forget it.

It sucked for Tony that the child in question was curious and determined.

Peter crawled out of bed. It was late. Way past his bedtime late. He shivered slightly and padded his way into the hallway, looking both ways to make sure no one was coming. Then he slowly began to pad to his father's room.

Nightmares now were less frequent, but that just meant they shook Peter a lot harder when they did happen. As he rounded the corner, seeing his father's bedroom, someone came up the stairs. The boy stopped, head tilting.

He was sure he'd never seen this man before. Long raven black hair framed a pale, almost snow white face. Peter couldn't see his eye colour in the dark but he could feel the carelessness emanating  from the man. He glanced at his father's bedroom door before slowly and cautiously approaching the man.

If this man was here in the compound, he was probably a friend. After all, his father had told him on numerous occasions that the Avengers compound was one of the safest places in the whole world. No one got in or out without him knowing about it.

The man stopped when he saw Peter, eyebrows raising,

"Oh, a child. Odd." He knelt to get a better look at Peter and the boy grinned. He was getting a lot better with strangers and his favourite part was always the introduction.

"My name is Peter. I'm 5 years old and I like to play with my action figures. When I grow up I want to be a superhero, like my dad." He claimed proudly, placing his hands on his hips. The man just stared.

"Oh. How lovely." He sounded almost bored and Peter pouted slightly.

"What's your name, sir?" He asked. The man scowled.

"It's late, shouldn't you be in bed?" He shot back, ignoring the question. Peter stomped his foot.

"I had a nightmare. I was on my way to daddy. What is your name?" He was not going to relent.

"Loki. My name is Loki." He growled out, irritated by the youngster. Peter grinned triumphantly.

He reached out his arms for Loki to pick him up. Loki stared back blankly.

"No. I am not going to pick you up. Forget about it. I don't even know who's kid you are and I don't want you peeing on me." He snapped. Peter stomped his foot again, louder this time.

"I want you to pick me up and take me downstairs, like daddy always does. I won't pee on you. I'm a big boy. I don't even wet the bed anymore, please Mr. Loki?" He pouted.

Loki stared at the kid for a long time. He was a god. He didn't go about picking up mortal children and dealing with their nightmares. But they were awfully close to Iron Man's bedroom and if he didn't stop this kid from making so much noise, the man would surely come out to see what was going on... What was the worst that could happen?

"Mr. Loki?"

"Where's Peter? He's not in his bed." Pepper asked, coming back from her mission to wake her son up. Tony looked up from pulling his socks on. The two concerned parents exchanged worried glances about all the things Peter could be involved with that involved him not being in his bed.

"Friday, find Peter." Tony straightened up, waiting for his robot to find his son. If Peter was anywhere in the compound, Friday would find him. Finally, the robotic voice spoke.

"In the sitting room, sir." She informed him.

Tony leapt up, joining Pepper in a mad dash to get to the sitting room and see why his son was not in his bed. They arrived in the sitting room to probably the last scene they'd been expecting. Peter lay against Loki's chest, sleeping peacefully. The god of mischief himself wasn't sleeping (Tony wondered if Loki ever really slept), but he was watching TV.

"What's all this?" Tony asked, louder than he meant it to be. Peter started slightly but didn't wake up, clearly exhausted.

"Nightmares." Loki replied.

"Nightmares? He would've come to us if it was nightmares. What is this really about?"

"He was on his way to you, but I was walking down the hall and he decided to have me take care of it instead." He peeled his eyes away from the TV. "You can take him now. He drools an awful lot in his sleep."

Tony was about to move forward and lift his son, but he stopped, smirking slightly. "You know, if Peter came to you, you should probably let him rest with you for a few more minutes while I make him some breakfast. He's probably really tired."

He turned, beginning to make his way to the kitchen.

"You wouldn't dare." Loki growled and Tony waved his hand over his shoulder.

"Thanks for babysitting for me. Admit it, even you can't argue he's a cute kid and you totally have a soft spot for him." 

Loki grumbled under his breath as Tony and a giggling Pepper disappeared into the kitchen. Peter snorted in his sleep. Loki sighed.

Maybe Tony did have a point. This was probably the only time he'd ever let anyone lay on him and drool. Maybe he did have a soft spot for him..

Peter farted in his sleep and Loki turned his head in disgust. Mortal kids were mortal kids.