Santa

Peter held onto Tony's hand tightly as they walked through the busy mall. Christmas was mere weeks away and the whole building was lit up with Christmas lights, playing jingly tunes and full of panicked adults scrambling to grab presents before it was too late.

Tony had gotten all of his presents early to avoid that stress and was currently on his way to pick a suit up from the dry cleaners. He hadn't had to bring Peter, but he figured it'd probably do the kid some good since he'd been inside all week besides his coding class.

"What's that?" He pointed to the platform in the middle of the mall. Tony barely even glanced over.

"Santa." He was too distracted to really notice the excitement that lit up Peters face. Okay, so maybe Peter didn't fully believe in Santa. After all, the man had never brought him his parents (his biggest wish) or anything smaller he asked for, so why should he believe if he didn't get anything out of it? But the idea that a man could deliver presents to everyone in one night... With magical flying reindeer?

Peter loved reindeer! They'd gone to the petting zoo last week and he'd seen one with his very eyes. He glanced up at Tony who was busy scrolling through his phone in the line for the dry cleaners. All he wanted was a peek. He'd see if there were any reindeer and if there wasn't, he'd see Santa for himself and hurry back before his dad even noticed him gone.

He released his hand and hurried across the mall, darting between legs and bags. There was no line up to see Santa, but the man was still sitting there jovial as ever. Peter looked around. He didn't see many kids in the mall anyway. He approached cautiously.

He looked around, catching Santa's eye. "Sir, where are your reindeer?" He squeaked, blushing slightly.
He didn't like talking to strangers. The man's eyes twinkled and he let out a joyful laugh. Peter didn't see what was so funny.

"I can't bring the reindeer inside, they're animals and they'd cause a mess. What's your name?" He asked as Peter stepped closer.

"I'm Peter." He knew better than to give a strange man his last name. There were thousands of Peters, Peter Parker was too specific.

"Peter? What a nice name. Do you want to come up here and tell me what you want for Christmas, then?" He asked and Peter thought about it.
He nodded and hurried to sit in his lap.
"What do you want for Christmas, Peter?"

"Well.. What I want for Christmas.." He screwed up his face tight and thought. "What I want for Christmas is to stay with daddy and mommy forever. I don't want them to leave me behind.. And.. And I'd also like a reindeer. Oh, and a new colouring set because Uncle Thor sat on mine."

He looked up for confirmation from the man and he nodded, handing a candy cane to the small boy.
"I'll see what I can do." He smiled and winked. Peter grinned and thanked him, hurrying off to find Tony.

Tony, by now, had realized Peter had run off and was calling out, desperately trying to find him.
"I'm right here!" Peter squeaked appearing next to him and Tony jumped. He nearly had a heart attack.
"Don't walk away from me at a busy shopping mall." He sighed, annoyed less now that he could see Peter was safe. Peter stuck half the candy cane in his mouth and nodded, taking his hand once more.
Tony stared at the candy cane. Had he had that this whole time?
He shook his head. 'This parenting thing keeps getting weirder and weirder.'

A/N: Hoping to get one more chapter out this month but if not then Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you all! I love December so much. Also, y'all accept the fact that you don't have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving. Tony is atheist but he can celebrate whatever I damn well wish him to. Enjoy!