Father's Day

Peter woke up in the morning between Tony and Pepper. Most nights he ended up in their bed so this was nothing new and he sat up, his hair sticking up at all different kinds of odd angles. He wiggled out from beneath his parents and wandered down the hallway.

He was super excited.

Today was Father's Day, usually one of Peter's least favourite days. But things had changed now. He had been planning a Father's Day surprises all week and now was time to start the first one. He was going to make breakfast all by himself... or mostly by himself.

"You need to flip the pancakes." Vision instructed, sitting atop the counter and overseeing the cooking. Peter nodded determinedly, flipping the pancakes with a look of complete focus. Vision nodded in approval.

If it had been any other Avenger, they would not allow the young child to be near the stove in anyway. But Vision wasn't as apt at understanding the rules of taking care of a human child. Thankfully, Peter knew how to take care of himself and managed to not cause a scene. He handed the food to Vision, adding a card he'd drawn and sent Vision on his way to wake Tony up.

Peter then hopped down the steps to the workshop. "All done bweakfast, Bwuce. How's the suit?"

He and Bruce had been working on adjustments on the Iron Man suit for the whole week. Friday and Pepper had been assisting them in keeping Tony as far away as possible from the suit for the week.

Bruce chuckled, for such a small kid, he was very bossy and good at planning.

"All done Peter. Have you checked on Thor and Clint yet?" He asked looking up from where he was doing the finishing touches on the suit. It was mainly just repairs and a few modifications to make things comfier, but it had all been Peter's idea.

Peter shook his head, waving and heading back up the stairs to the main room where Thor and Peter's banner hung for father's day. Clint and Thor held up the cake excitedly and Peter nodded in approval. Everything was perfect.

Natasha, Wanda and Steve sat on the side chuckling as they watched this take place.

"Dad will be here soon!" He hopped up and down excitedly.

Everyone nodded as Bruce joined them, washing his hands.

Pepper, Tony and Vision came down a few minutes later and Peter bounded across the room to leap into Tony's arms.

"Happy Father's Day!" He cheered excitedly, looking up at him and Tony chuckled, looking around.

"Who's idea was this?" He asked looking around and everyone points to Peter who smiled sheepishly.

"Thanks, little buddy."

"You should see the suit!" Peter exclaimed excitedly.

Tony laughed. "I think we should eat this cake first..."

Bruce laughed softly as he watched them hand out the cake to all the Avengers and shook his head. This kid was going places, if this elaborate father's day plan was anything to go by. He felt his stomach swell with pride. He could only imagine the pride swelling in Tony's stomach right now.