Detergent

Peter awoke in the middle of the night, eyes wide as a wet spot formed beneath him. It'd been a while since he'd had a nightmare and even longer since he'd wet the bed.
He peeled himself out of the wet sheets and stared at them. At his old home, if he'd wet the bed then he had to fix it himself. Wiping his eyes, he knew he had to get it over with if he wanted to go back to sleep.

“Friday?” He whispered, waiting for the familiar robotic voice to respond to him. It took a moment before she did.
“Peter.”
Peter relaxed, he felt less lonely even if he she was just a voice.
“Lights?” He asked and she fulfilled his request almost immediately. Slowly, he began working the sheets off with his small hands.

“Sir?” Friday chimes into the workroom. Tony looked up, glancing at the time. 1am. Friday was probably letting him know Pepper was waiting for him back in bed.
“Tell Pepper I'll be upstairs soon.” He yawned.
“Pepper is still uptown with her family for the weekend sir. It's Peter.” The robotic voice responded and Tony dropped the tools he was using. What could his son want at 1am? It must be serious.
“What about him?”
“He wet the bed. He's cleaning it himself.” The robotic voice explained and Tony cursed. “Thanks Friday.”

Peter trotted down the hallway. It was dark and scary but he didn't dare turn the lights on and wake anyone up. He wanted to call to Friday but he knew that would wake people up just as fast.
He was still in his wet pajamas, having decided his sheets were more important.
He reached the laundry room and pushed his sheets in, proud of himself. He stared at all the fancy buttons and frowned. His old washing machine hadn't been this complicated.
“Friday?” He asked softly. “What buttons do I press?”
“I think you should wait for Mr. Stark.” Was the only response she gave and Peter huffed. Fine. He'd figure it out himself. He looked at all the detergents. Why did they all have to be so fancy? He didn't even recognize the brand names.
Slowly he picked one up, figuring he had to start somewhere. He opened it and a bit spilled onto his hand. He tilted his head, sniffing at the detergent on his hand.
He poured some into the machine and pressed the on button, hoping it would work. It started up and he sighed, looking down at his hand.

He'd been told not to by his previous guardian but he had to. He was curious. It looked like juice. He brought it to his lips. He didn't like the taste that much and was about to turn and leave to get changed when Tony burst open the laundry room door. Peter was sat on the floor, detergent spilled all around him… On his hands… On his mouth?
Tony gasped horrified and lifted Peter up.
“Tell me you didn't just put detergent in your mouth, Pete.” He stared at his son wracking his brain for what Pepper would yell at him when she found out.

“I did.” Peter admitted sheepishly. Tony groaned.
He carried the boy downstairs immediately and had Friday grab Happy. He grabbed a small backpack off its hanger and they left. All Peter was concerned about was that he was still covered in pee.
Tony didn't seem to notice however.
“What'd he do?” Happy asked sleepily, as they pulled onto the street to the hospital.
“Drank detergent.” Tony sighed and Happy had to stop himself from snorting. Of course, Tony's child even if not blood related, would do some stupid shit.

The hospital put Peter into a hospital gown and they did tests. Tony was glad he brought the backpack. It was full of things to entertain Peter while out and about as well as a change of fresh clothing.
Now that he wasn't covered in pee, Peter happily told the nurse what he had done and Tony could feel her judging him. It's not like he had asked Peter to do the laundry.
Finally, Peter was cleared. He hasn't ingested a whole lot. All he had to do was stay overnight to make sure.

“Sorry daddy.” Peter mumbled sheepishly as Tony laid beside him after the younger boys insistence. He didn't want his daddy to sit in a chair the whole night because he was dumb and decided to clean his sheets.
“It's alright, Peter… Just don't drink detergent. You should've listened to Friday and waited.”
Peter felt his face turn red. Sometimes he didn't understand why Tony was so nice to him. It made him feel bad when he messed up.

The next morning, Pepper picked them up from the hospital on their way home from her parents place. She fretted over Peter the whole way home.
The first thing they did when they got home was put the detergent in a high cabinet along with the rest of their dangerous chemicals. Peter's life was too precious to mess with.

A/N: I feel like I'm uploading too much but I keep randomly getting inspired and I also feel bad for leaving you guys hanging for so long.
Enjoy!