Christmas

Tony liked Christmas... The idea anyway. It was sort of a magical time after all and it was hard not to love (despite the fact that it could do with a little less Christmas music).

He didn't like it when it was put into place however, but things always sound better on paper then in real life.
Even so, he was determined to give Peter a good Christmas, despite the fact that the new company had foiled his plans somewhat. After all, the Avengers compound would be full at Christmas already without the five new editions.

But like always, he managed. Barely. If this was going to be Peters first Christmas at the compound it was going to be perfect.
Peter helped decorate the tree (naturally there were big gaps where ornaments that had been supposed to go up had accidentally been broken by the poor boy, who cried every single time).
He helped Pepper make Christmas cookies. Helped hang the stockings and make snowmen and sing carols and the like.

But what Tony was really looking forward to (and Peter wasn't), was the gift opening.
Peter didn't expect to get much. He liked helping everyone else get festive and make them happy. He even made some presents for everyone using his arts and crafts supplies. But he didn't get presents for Christmas.

He never had.

"Time for bed, kiddo." Pepper wrangled a hyper boy into his bed and tucked the blankets in. Peter pouted.
Christmas Eve wasn't special for him, why did he have to go to sleep earlier?

She kissed his forehead, followed quickly by Tony.
As much as he hated to admit it (because he was a big boy), the kisses and hugs made him feel good.
Maybe this Christmas would be the one, he thought sleepily.
~
The next morning, when Peter walked down the stairs he was greeted by a large pile of presents.
There was one from almost every superhero who had even laid eyes on him, one from Ned, one from MJ, One from Tony and Pepper and of course, a bunch from Santa.

All for him. Of course, he tried to deny it and rationalize that they weren't but when Tony and Quill offered to help him open them, he couldn't resist.
So many toys and books and puzzles and candy..

Tony loved the look on his face as they handed him presents. The look of complete and utter wonder and fascination.
"Merry Christmas, Peter." He ruffled his hair.
Peter looked up and hugged his leg, eyes watering.

"Merry Christmas, daddy... I get to keep all of this... Right?" He asked cautiously and Tony smiled.
"Of course, they said Peter on them after all." He reminded his son who nodded, looking like he was about to burst into tears.

So maybe the commercialization of Christmas was dumb and maybe the original story of Christmas was a lie, so what?
Christmas was worth it if only just to see his sons face after he opened his presents.

A/N: So sorry this took so long and sorry it's so brief but I've been so busy during the Christmas season.
I love you all and I wish you a Happy Holidays. Whatever you celebrate or don't is valid, the only thing I ask is you smile and you enjoy it and you don't bring others down.
The holidays are about bringing us together not apart.
Happy Holidays!