Vaccine

Tony had always believed in the miracles of modern science and medicine. Every year he got himself a flu shot and any other vaccines he needed and he usually urged everyone around him to do the same (except for Thor who accidentally summoned Mjolnir once while nervous for the needle and almost killed half the staff. He's a god, Tony always told himself, no way he can get sick anyway).
Since it was becoming that time of year again, he knew he was going to have to go get himself vaccinated. As well as his new little charge.

Peter had already had a nasty bout of the flu and he wasn't looking to repeat the experience anytime soon. However, explaining to an already sensitive child that a strange man or woman would be sticking a foreign object into his skin was very difficult.

He enlisted the help of Pepper, of course. She was a lot more patient and gentle than he was, which he was grateful for. He tended to panic sometimes when he saw Peter in pain.
And by sometimes, he meant all the time.

Peter was sat on the floor, playing with some action figures and Tony took a deep breath. If he could just get this over with, they could get the shot done quickly and then go do something fun after.
He hoped Peter didn't cry.
He hated seeing Peter cry.
Glancing over to Pepper for moral support, she gave him a thumbs up.

"Um, Peter. Spiderling." He got the boys attention. Peter tilted his head in question to his daddy, clearly interested in what he had to say.
Tony took this as an invitation to go on.

"So. Sometimes, daddy has to go to the doctor and get a needle in his arm. The needle is very important and it keeps me from getting sick. Mommy needs one too, so you know what that means?"
Peter shook his head.
"Peter needs one too."

Peter considered this. He didn't know what a needle was but he didn't like the idea of something being put in his arm. What if it got stuck there? He would have to live with a needle in his arm!

"No." He responded and turned back to his toys. Tony was taken aback. No?

"Peter please. It's very important so you don't get sick again. Remember how much that sucked last time?" He asked.
Peter hesitated. He hated being sick, but he also hated when people shoved things in his body.
As he became more and more frustrated over these thoughts, he began to cry and Tony blinked.

Pepper hurried over to comfort the crying boy and Tony held up his hands in defense.
"I didn't do anything!" He promised and Pepper rolled her eyes.

"Don't... Want... Sick. Don't... Want.. Needle." Peter sobbed into Peppers chest and she sighed before brightening up slightly.
"How about you watch daddy get his needle and then you'll know what to expect?" She suggested. Peter wiped at his eyes.

His fear of sickness overwhelmed his desire to not have a foreign object in him and he quietly nodded. Tony let out a breath of relief, glad he had Pepper to help him defuse situations like this. A light bulb suddenly went off in his brain.
"And if it makes you feel any better, we'll get Uncle Bruce and Uncle Steve to help us get our needles, sound good?" He asked and Peter perked up. He would never say no to his uncles being around.

An hour later, Tony sat on a bench in the workroom. Pepper and Steve sat in chairs beside him, Peter in Peppers lap and Bruce was bustling around setting up the needles.
"Are you sure you want me to do this, Tony?"
"You are a doctor right?" Tony raised his eyebrows.
"Doctor is an objective term. It doesn't mean I'm licensed to give you a flu shot."
"And yet you had all the stuff at your disposal."
"Fine, but don't whine like a-"
He glanced at Peter.
"Like a female dog when I shove it in too hard." He said smugly and Tony rolled his eyes.

Peter was focused on watching the process of Bruce rubbing his daddy's arm and preparing the needle. He watched as Bruce then walked over and quickly stuck it in, then pulled it out and replaced it with a cotton ball and a Thor bandaid.
"See? All done." Tony grinned at his son. Peter looked to Steve for the safety verdict. He knew his daddy wasn't that trustworthy when it came to safety.

"Go ahead, bud. I got lollipops upstairs for you afterward." Steve grinned and Peter happily hopped down from Pepper's lap. He climbed onto the bench and thrust his arm out for Bruce, who cleaned the area quickly and grabbed the other needle he prepared.
"I want a Iron Man bandaid." He instructed and Bruce lifted the package. Of course, Iron Man was his favourite and the package was out. He looked to Pepper and Tony for help.

"How about Captain America instead?" Pepper asked innocently. "You always see daddy anyway, you barely see Uncle Steve. This way you can carry him around with you." She offered.
Peter seemed content with this answer and Bruce sighed with relief, pulling out a Captain America bandaid and getting to work.
Peter tensed up and teared up a bit, but otherwise he soon had a lollipop in his hands and a Captain America bandaid on his arm.

"You know, I think Captain America suits him." Bruce snickered as he and Tony cleaned the work bench. The others were upstairs.
Tony glared. "Clearly Iron Man suits him better and that's why we ran out."
"Don't refer to yourself in the third person, it's weird."
"Oh really? HULK SMASH!" Tony taunted, tossing the package of cotton balls to his friend. Bruce stuck his tongue out.
Tony laughed. He was glad he had such a big support system to help with Peter. Otherwise he would've never been able to do it.

A/N: This chapter was actually requested by @iamKhrfan123
Thanks for the request and I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Two chapters in less than a week because I feel guilty for my extra long hiatus. Remember you're always welcome to leave requests down below!
Enjoy!