Jealousy

Tony wasn't jealous. He wasn't.

He was just working really hard on bringing the Guardians home. He grumbled under his breath as he hammered the nail he was working on. 

"Tony. What did that nail ever do to deserve the pain you're inflicting upon it?" Bruce barely even had to look up to know what Tony was doing. He'd been doing it all morning. He would glance up at the window, mumble something and start working himself twice as hard. A vicious cycle that Bruce already knew why he was doing it.

"Nothing. I'm just trying to get this done as fast as possible. I'm sure the guardians have important galaxies they need to save." He said briskly and Bruce chuckled.

"Tony, are you jealous?"

"I'm not jealous. Who would I be jealous of?" He sounded bitter and Bruce sighed, taking off his glasses and standing from his own work.

"The Guardians. Peter has been spending an awful lot of time with them..." He walked over to his friend. It had the exact reaction he'd hoped it would.

Tony slammed the hammer down on the workbench and glared at his friend. "I. Am. Not. Jealous." He snapped.

"Tony, Peter doesn't love you any less just because he's spending all his time with Gamora, Quill, Rocket, Groot, Mantiss and Drax." He pushed and Tony sighed.

"I know, Bruce. It's stupid to be jealous of them when they're leaving soon anyway... Like Peter is going to see much of them after we send them away..." He looked down at his feet and sighed. "I just... Can't help it."

"It's cool, Tony. But you have to understand that Peter is growing up. He's going to have many adult role models and not all of them are going to be you. You're going to be one of many." He placed his hand on Tony's shoulder. "I know it probably sucks, but at the end of the day he's always going to end up back here, with you and Pepper. No matter who he interacts with besides you."

Tony knew Bruce was right. As much as he hated to admit it, he had a point. Peter's world didn't always have to revolve around him. He looked up out the window at his son, chasing a soccer ball with Quill and Gamora on either side of him.

He could live with that.. He'd always be here anyway, just in case.

A/N: So this is a really short chapter, mainly because I'm studying for exams and that's my top priority. I also just haven't been into the Marvel fandom, but that doesn't mean i'm deserting this it just means chapters take longer to write because I'm trying to keep characters in character. I still wanted to get this up before exams (which are this Thursday and Friday) because after I might be too caught up in relaxing to write. If you guys have any chapter requests, always feel free to pm them to me or leave them in the comments. I haven't been reading comments recently because, well, exams, but I'll get more on top of them soon. Anyway, Enjoy!