Coding

Tony was ready to drop Peter off to his first new club but Peter was putting up a resistance. Already he'd tried to say he was sick (Pepper checked his temperature and found him normal), hid behind the couch and under the bed and thrown his first real full fledged temper tantrum.
They pulled up to the library and Peter quietly let Tony pick him up, obviously exhausted.
"I don't want to learn coding." Peter whined. Tony sighed. He wished Pepper would've come with him.
"You've been excited for weeks, Pete. At least try it, the class is so excited to meet you."

Peter didn't believe that. No one was ever excited to see him especially not children his own age. But he wanted to trust and believe Tony, Tony would never steer him wrong. Or at least hadn't yet.
"Okay... Can you stay though, daddy? I don't want to be alone." He asked and Tony chuckled.
"Alright. Just this once, then when we get home you can practice with Uncle Bruce while I work." He offered and Peter nodded, excitement returning as they walked into the library's program room. Peter looked around at all the children, he didn't know any of these kids. Maybe he did have a chance. Tony placed him down and almost immediately a boy was walking up to him.

This boy was slightly shorter than himself, with dark hair. He was a bit on the pudgy side, but Peter liked the smile he wore on his face. He smiled back shyly.
The boy didn't even bat an eye, sticking his hand out to greet Peter.
"My name is Ned!"
Peter tilted his head with wonder. "I-I'm Peter." He stuttered slightly. "I-I'm.. Im 5."

"Me too. Do you want me to catch you up?" He asked excitedly, pointing to their computers. Peter hesitated, looking up at Tony who nodded.
"Um, okay.. Okay, Ned. I want to know how to code." He nodded, following Ned to the computers. Ned grinned excitedly taking his hand and leading him to the computers.
Tony turned to the leader of the club. "I think he should be alright. If you need me, I'll stay in the library." He told her and she nodded.
"We'll take good care of him."

Peter didn't even notice Tony left. After Ned caught him up and they helped each other complete the days task, they chatted about everything. Legos, superheroes, cartoons... Peter hadn't had anyone to talk to his age ever. Ned understood him in a way that his father could never because he didn't have the mind of a child.
"You can be my best friend." Ned said happily to Peter. "You don't have a best friend already, do you?" He asked worriedly.
Peter immediately shook his head. "No. No friends." He corrected him.
"None? Not even from school?"
"Daddy teaches me at home, no other kids." Peter explained and Ned tilted his head.
"That's weird. Is it fun?" He asked, interested. Peter grinned and nodded.

"Ned it's time to head home!" Mrs. Leeds called from the doorway. Peter looked up to see his daddy and Ned's mom standing with the other parents. The two walked over to the adults.
"Can't we stay longer?" Peter asked his dad and the adults chuckled.
"You'll see Ned next week, dear. I'll be in contact with your daddy too, maybe we can schedule a playdate in between." Mrs. Leeds offered.
The children said their goodbyes and went their separate ways, Tony smiled as he buckled the boy into the backseat.
"Feeling better about coding?" He asked.
"Ned is my best friend." Peter nodded, happily. "He likes me, daddy."

Tony didn't respond and Peter leaned back in his seat, looking out the window as the lights flashed by.
He yawned quietly and traced his seat, excited to go home and see the rest of his family. He really wanted to tell them all about Ned.
"I'm proud of you, bud. You're going to make lots of new friends."
Tony hoped it was true. He didn't want Ned Leeds and Cassie Lang to be the only people to show up to Peter's birthday party.
He wanted Peter to have everything he didn't get to have, most of his birthday parties had only been him and his birthday cake. Sometimes his mom too.
No, that wouldn't be Peter. Peter was going to have lots of people who loved him. Peter was going to be loved, cared for. He wasn't all alone anymore.

A/n: Here's a new chapter and the introduction of Ned. Are you guys liking these more constant updates? I write them when I'm bored in class. Enjoy!