Chapter 35

Seven calls, no answer. Five messages, no respond.

Justin was scaring me. What if he was hurt? What if this "J" person got in contact with him? I was worried sick.

It was almost three in the morning. Although, I was wide awake now. There was no way in hell I was sleeping until I knew he was okay.

He always does this. I thought. He always lies to you.

Was I wrong? No. He does lie to me, a lot. Sometimes it's just to "keep me safe" but I don't give a shit anymore. If he can't be honest with me then we can't be together, and that's what hurt the most.

I could only imagine what would happen if we didn't live here. If we started over, and lived somewhere completely different. That is, if we're still together in a few years.

I heard the door open downstairs and sat straight up in bed, listening intently.

He's going to lie again, I thought. Just play along.

I waltzed down the stairs, smiling at him. He caught my gaze, smiling wide. "What are you still doing up?" He rubbed his nose against mine while gripping my hips.

Draping my arms around his neck, I sighed. "I couldn't sleep unless you were here."

"Aw," he cooed, making me laugh. "Let's head up."

We walked up the stairs, his hand holding my lower back. "How's your mom?"

"She's okay," he shrugged. "I just feel bad for her, you know?"

Unbelievable.

My heart was officially broken. I felt a lump form in my throat, but I tried not to cry. He truly is lying to my face.

"Yeah," my voice cracked a little. "I do too."

"Are you okay?" He stopped me, spinning me around. He inspected every aspect of my face, it almost made me sick. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I whispered, walking past him.

"Jess," he grabbed me again. "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

I smiled sadly. "Yeah."

His eyes burned suddenly, his jaw clenched. "Who?" He hissed.

I grabbed a pillow off the bed, walking to where he was by the door. "You."

His eyebrows rose, giving me an incredulous look.

"You can take the bed," I shook my head. "I'm sleeping on the couch."

"What the hell?" He tried to grab me for a third time but I ripped my hand out of his grip.

Tears sprung to my eyes while I shook my head in disgust. "Fuck you."

He let his arms lay limp at his sides, watching me trudge down the stairs. He was so sad, so devastated, yet he didn't even know what he did.

I heard the door shut to my room while I was trying to make a bed out of this couch. I laid down and shifted endlessly, trying to get comfortable. It was impossible.

I can't live like this. I thought. I can't be with him like this.

I'm not much of a lier. But once lies add up, it just doesn't seem like it's worth it anymore.

__________________________

My eyes popped open completely at the feel of someone grabbing my ass. I turned quickly on the couch to find a shirtless Justin hovering over me, his lips attacking my neck.

"W- What are you doing?" I stuttered, closing my eyes.

"Tell me what I did to make you this mad." He demanded. "Now."

I didn't answer him, I couldn't. When I didn't respond, he bit down hard on the skin of my neck, causing me to yelp out in pain.

"S- Stop-"

"No," he said. "I hate it when you're mad at me. Just tell me Jess."

He massaged my ass, taking my mind elsewhere. "Why can't you figure it out?"

"I've been up all night thinking," he said. "I can't think of anything." He tugged on my bottom lip with his teeth. "Tell me."

"You lied," I breathed out. "God, you lied."

He stopped what he was doing and sat up. I looked at the clock on the wall only to discover that it was four thirty. Damn I was tired.

"Lied?" He sat close to me. "About what?"

"I can't do this now," I put my hand up. "I need to sleep."

He leaned over, placing his lips to my ear. "Sleep in your bed," he bit down on my ear. "With me."

I shook my head. I stood up, tossing him the pillow. "If you're not going to leave, then I will. Goodnight."

He grabbed my arm before I could walk away, standing with me. "Don't do this to me Jess." He whispered. "I need to know what I did in order to apologize."

I shook my head sadly, feeling my eyes get wet.

There was a long pause of silence where he just stared at me with sad, confused eyes.

"I visited your mom last night," I sniffled. "After I dropped off Morgan."

He sat back down on the couch slowly, putting his head in his hands.

He finally looked up at me. I shrugged, trying to smile through my tears. "Her wrist isn't broken."

He frowned. "You're right." He said. "My mom didn't break her wrist."

I shook my head. "I don't get why you think you can't trust me."

"I can-"

"No, you can't." I stared at him until he eventually looked away, getting more uncomfortable by the second. "I just want to sleep through the night, but in the morning, I need you to go home."

His eyes widened as he stood to his feet instantly. "Jess-"

"I'm so done," I choked out. "Goodnight."

I walked towards the stairs, but Justin didn't follow me. He stayed where he was, staring at the floor.

I was halfway up the stairs when I heard him call out, "I went to visit Riley."

I remained where I was on the step, slouching slightly. Was he admitting that he was cheating on me?

I walked to the bottom of the stairs, staying there. "Why," I whispered. "Would you visit Riley."

He turned towards me, throwing his arms up in frustration, then letting them slap at his sides. "I got Riley pregnant."

_________________________

note:

ight i know this is kind of a short chapter so i'm sorry but i was just thinking, do you know how far we are into this book like what if it ends soon omg time flies ):

PS ON MY LAST UPDATE I SAID SUNDAY THE 18TH AND WOW AM I STUPID BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUNDAY THE 18TH HAHA IM SORRY I MEANT 14TH

anywho love y'all <3

twitter: @avonsshawtyy

next update: thursday, the 18th.