Chapter 8

"I've got a plan," Justin sat with me in my bedroom as I closed the shades.

This was the first time he's ever been in my room, which is weird since he's here all the time. It's not that I cared, it was just a weird feeling to have him sitting on my bed.

"Alright," I replied and sat down somewhat close to him.

"Don't freak out," he said. "Just listen first."

I nodded, hoping his plan wasn't too crazy.

"Here's the thing: the police are looking for you. They're eventually going to find out where you live. I mean, c'mon, Jess, you said it yourself. It's a small town, they don't have that many places to look."

I nodded, because he was right.

"And they could seriously walk up to anyone and ask about you, which again, small town. There's people who know where your house is, and will have no problem telling the police that location." He continued.

"What's the plan exactly?"

"Okay, again, don't freak out. Listen first." He raises his eyebrows a little bit, almost as if saying 'deal?'

I nodded, and stared at him even though there wasn't much distance between us on the bed.

We stayed that way for a second, and that's when I knew he was scared to tell me what he was thinking.

He sighed a little bit, then looked me straight in the eye. "Live with me."

My eyes widened as I partially looked away, a little surprised.

"Think about it, Jess. I have a guest room there, and you could stay as long as you need. And, no one knows you're associated with me. I mean, you haven't even told Morgan we've practically been hanging out daily." He looked into my eyes, and gave me a look of hope. "The only people who would know is us."

He said the last part a little quieter, which made my pulse accelerate.

He kept looking at me, his eyes practically begging for me to say yes. It was kind of cute actually, but I was more focused on the decision I had to make.

"I just-" I paused once I saw him slouch, a look of disappointment evident on his face. "I just don't want to put you through that," I continued. "You just moved here, I don't want to ruin this for the both of us."

"You can't worry about me right now. I should be the least of your worries." He grabbed my hand a little bit, which made me jump.

I looked at him, then our hands, then back to him. "You should let it go," I finally said quietly.

"Let what go?" He almost seemed irritated now.

"This," I gestured with my arms. "What ever happens, happens. There's really nothing either of us can do to change that."

I wasn't wrong. If I got arrested, I probably deserved it. Justin didn't do anything to cause anyone harm.

"I'm doing this because I want to," he finally said.

We both stared at each other, and for a second, I got so lost in his eyes I forgot what we were talking about. I snapped out of it once he stood from my bed.

"Pack up your stuff," he said as he walked towards the door.

I raised my eyebrows at him, since he was bold enough to let me know I didn't have a choice.

"I'll pick you up in two hours, and this time I'll have a car." He flashed his bright smile and grabbed the knob. "I'll see you soon."
___________________________