Twenty-Nine

Marinette wiped the sweat off her forehead. This jacket was a pain to do. The red silk lining tore at the seams so Marinette had to seem rip the entire thing.
Adrien pulled up a chair and sat on it the opposite way a person's supposed to before handing her a cup from Starbucks.

"Here." Adrien said as he handed her the cup from a nearby table.

"Thanks." Marinette smiled. She hadn't expected that Adrien would go to Starbucks and get her a drink.  Instead of going with his fellow models to a restaurant for break. He thought about her, a quality she should think about when choosing a date.

Marinette noticed on the side of the cup before she took a sip. That the cup had word Princess write on it. The 'I' was topped with a heart. She looked at Adrien's cup which had a mysterious phone number on it.

"Princess?" Marinette questioned thinking that asking him about the number on his cup seemed something a jealous ex-girlfriend would do.

"Yeah, I heard one of the other models call you Princess and I thought it was cute." Adrien teased trying to get a little rile out of her before confessing that he was ChatNoir.

Marinette wanted to ask who it was. It obvious by expression on her face. But she decided not to. She didn't want a middleman between her and ChatNoir.

"You want to know his name don't you?" Adrien teased.

Marinette was going to respond but one of the assistant designers knocked on the sew machine room wall to get Marinette's attention.

"Sweetie, Your Prince Charming awaits."

Marinette looked at her assistant confused. What was he talking about? Prince Charming? Is ChatNoir in the main room where the mannequins and patterns are?

Without even taking a sip, she abandons both the hot Chai tea latté and the blonde model. She was hoping to see ChatNoir or at least his civilian from but no. It was Luka Couffaine holding a bouquet of brilliant pink and red flowers.

"Luka, I've never seen you in a suit before." Marinette stated intending to avoid the matter of proposing. She had thought about a life with Luka many times but could she say 'Yes' without feeling guilty. She was changing for the better and so was Luka. She used to think Luka wasn't one to make a big deal about things but he was going to propose to her in front of his fans before he was akumatized.

"There's a first time for everything."  Luka smiled.

"It looks good on you. Is it an Armani? Versace? Gucci?" Marinette questioned admiring the retro light blue suede suit that was slightly too big in the ankles but the overall look of the suit being paired with a simple plaid dress shirt and a solid blue tie the same color as his suit.

"It's my fathers." Luka stated. He thought about telling her, that this was the suit that his father had worn to both propose and marry his mother but now was not the time to tell her.

"It suits you well." Marinette said smirking at her own pun.

"Marinette, will you..... give me two minutes," Luka said as he handed her the flowers and got down on one knee. Marinette eyes widen. Was he going to propose?

Adrien saw Luka on one knee and refrained himself from pulling Marinette away. Adrien had no right to stop her from saying 'Yes' but he loved her.

To Adrien's relief, Luka wasn't proposing he was just merely tieing his white converses. Adrien saw Marinette's disappointment. It made his heartache.

"Will you go to dinner with me?" Luka questioned knowing that his actions were probably misunderstood but he couldn't resist building up some anticipation.

Marinette agreed to going to dinner with Luka. She was going to tell him the truth that ever since she reconnected with Adrien she wasn't sure what she wanted anymore.