Twenty-Five

"Do people not measure up to your standards?" Papillon asked as he stood in his lair debating whether returning as Papillon was worth ruining his relationship with his son. Clearly Adrien was moving on without him. He had started a family wether he was aware of her being his biological daughter or not.

A musician, who was disappointed in his friend for not appearing. He had a special surprise in store for her yet she did not show her face but why? Was she embarrassed? Did Alya tell her what he was going to do? Did she not like his music? Did she like some else?

Negative emotions leaked into his mind just enough for him to become Akumaitized. He became more confident in himself and cared less about others opinions. Sure, he was famous but now he was angry that 'she' didn't arrive. He was different than other Akumatized villains as in he didn't want revenge. Before he wanted to find his friend and give her the item in which now held his Akuma because it was rightfully hers as was his heart. But at this moment he was a solo act.

ChatNoir after a half an hour of chaos arrived on the scene not sure how to beat an Akuma without Ladybug. Carapace was trying to fend off blasts from Soliste's guitar in which ChatNoir thought held his akuma.  The crowd screamed. It seemed a mix of excitement and fear that Akumas still existed.

ChatNoir knew that after solving the tasked at hand he would cut his father out of his life. He had crossed the line that was drawn ten long years ago. He had just been in the most vulgar of terms 'cockblocked' by his own father.

"Are you sure about this?" Tikki asked as Marinette was still close to Adrien's apartment.

"Its Luka! Tikki, I can't let him down." Marinette said not sure if Tikki was supportive in her transforming after a ten-year break.

"Spots On!" She yelled before quickly swinging to the pier were all the action was. She was nervous in being Ladybug once again sure she missed in but she was doing this for a friend.

"Hey, kitty cat looks like you're having some treble." Ladybug joked. Emma's puns were clearly rubbing off on her.

"Ladybug?" ChatNoir question as he lost his grip on his baton as he used it to sword fight with Soliste's guitar.

"Ladybug?! Get her miraculous before she disappears for another ten years!" Papillion ordered. Not sure if it was actually her or a poser.

"Yes, Papillion." Soliste repeated like the obedient puppet he was.

Ladybug looked different to ChatNoir. She didn't have the full red with black spots suit or her ponytails. Her hair and suit was much more complementing. One question that lead to many more questions entered his mind.

Where has she been? Is she his Ladybug? Why did she leave? If she's not his Ladybug then what happened to her? Is she still single? Why did she comeback now?

"ChatNoir! Pay attention!" Ladybug yelled as she threw her yo-yo to save him from being smashed by a guitar.

"Thank you, M..." His throat went dry not sure what to say or do.

"Cat got your tongue?" Ladybug smirked. She knew her presences was surprising to say the least but she didn't expect ChatNoir to not call her 'Lovebug, LB, Buginette, Bugaboo, ' or at the very least 'M'Lady.'

"Are you my Ladybug?" ChatNoir asked her knowing that fighting Soliste was more important. Ladybug didn't like how ChatNoir's question made her sound like a possession. Not after that incident with him abandoning her.

"Your Ladybug?" she restated. Hopefully to get the point across that she wasn't ever 'his' Ladybug.

"Ladybug!" Soliste yelled not caring much for ChatNoir since he wasn't ordered to take his Miraculous.

"Sorry, given in is not my forte." Ladybug teased realizing how rusty she was because she just apologized to a villain.

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug yelled soon after. A phone landed in her hands. Was she supposed to call the police? That was very unladylike.

She looked around for any signs of red and black but nothing at the moment. Maybe it's because she didn't know the reason he was akumatized. She couldn't flat out ask him. Could she?