17

♡The problem is, you think you have time♡

                                  ♡

"Where the hell did she go?",Blaze said as he scanned the alleyway. He turned his head from left to right. Alison seemed to have disappeared into thin air.

"I'm so sorry.",I said.

Blaze gave me a confused look.
"Why on earth are you sorry?"

"Well..she probably left because she saw me dancing with you. I shouldn't have danced with you."

"Don't be absurd. First of all, I asked you to dance, more like forced you to. She's just being silly if she felt hurt about that dance. It was just a dance. It meant nothing."

"Right.", I cleared my throat and looked down.

"Look, I'll drop you home and then I'll go search for her. She's probably sulking in her bedroom right now. Come on. Let's go.",he said.

I nodded and silently followed him to his car. We were silent the whole ride. I could only hear the gravel skittering across the road and the tires squishing the snow under our car. The roads were dark and slippery in some places.

The car suddenly skidded. My eyes widened and a scream got stuck in my throat. However, Blaze managed to steady the car before it turned into an accident. I breathed out in relief. I out my hand on my heart. I could hear it beating faster and faster.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?",Blaze asked, his green eyes wide in shock. I did not reply. I was still too shocked. I took deep and long breaths to steady my breathing.

I closed my eyes and gulped, nausea coming over me slowly. I forced my stomach to keep its contents down until we reached home. Blaze dropped me near my doorstep.

"I'm sorry.",he said.

"It's fine. Thank God you brought the car under control on time or else it would have been the end of us. You know-",I started.

"I wasn't talking about the..um..road thing."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it meant nothing. It was one of the best dances I've had. Forgive me if I hurt you in any way."

"Of course.",I said and smiled softly.
He smiled at me softly.

"So...umm.. I'll take leave then?",he asked.

I nodded and turned around and started walking towards my door. I heard tires squeal and stones skitter as Blaze pulled out of the parking lot. I couldn't stop myself from taking a final glance towards his car's retreating figure. I turned around completely and watched the car leave.

To my surprise, Blaze's hand came out of the window and waved at me from behind. I smiled and waved back before walking into my house.

The lights were switched off. I had to be as silent as possible. I tip-toed to the kitchen, grabbed a packet of Oreos and snuck back into my room.

I looked at the clock and realized that it was around three in the morning. I undressed myself and changed into comfortable clothes. I remembered to put the contacts back in their solution.

I buried myself under my blanket and munched on the Oreos. However, I could not catch any sleep. I looked at the clock, my eyes following every movement of its hands.

My mind was a mess of thoughts, ranging from drunk caterpillars to my dance with Blaze. For some reason, I couldn't get our dance out of my head. I twirled around in my bed, unable to fall asleep. I sighed and shut my eyes tightly while trying to count sheep.